P
Posted By
Phosphor
Sep 29, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Installing PhotoShop Elements 2.0 on WinXP Home, new system. Setup appears to work up to a point, then gets "stuck" in "installing language-dependent files", running through this from 1% to 100% over and over and over and over again.

When I kill the install, in cannot be un-installed, but the setup program won’t run again either. I have to manually uninstall by cleaning out files and registry, then try again. I still get the same results.

Can anyone help me install this program, or should I just try to get my money back? Thanks!!

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

P
Phosphor
Sep 29, 2003
Rod,

Are you using an account with administrator rights?
KL
Kenneth Liffmann
Sep 29, 2003
Rod,
I assume that you have administrator rights.
I had an analogous situation when I tried to install the printer drivers for a new printer a few months ago. The tech for the printer manufacturer tried to guide me through a manual install, but it would not work. He then sent me a replacement installation CD and the process proceeded flawlessly. I recall that one contributor to this forum stated that a defective CD is very rare. Here you have my experience for what its’s worth.
Ken
RT
Rod_Turnham
Oct 2, 2003
It may have been a damaged CD. After I wrote my first note, I let it run ALL NIGHT, and it finally completed. After that, I had to fiddle with the CD drive settings to get it to work again, but all seems to be well now. Thanks, Ken!

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections