Posted By
Robert Fitzgerald
Sep 28, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Import vioeo frame

When used on a 30 minute or so .avi file from a canon ZR-50. It will start playing the video, and I can capture frames, but I cannot get beyond the first few minutes. The slider control will move some, but then snaps back to either the beginning or near the beginning of the files. I have to drag the slider, clicking ahead of it does not work. The video moves forward when I do the drag, but slider itself does not. It snaps back even when I am still dragging.

It is hard to see how this can be anything but a bug in Photoshop Elements 2.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

RC
Richard Coencas
Sep 29, 2003
Robert,

Frame from Video just uses existing system Codecs to play back video files and do the screen capture. There are known issues with what some types of video files support. Some will not support scrubbing, others don’t support fast forward, for example.

It is not really a bug in Elements but a limitation. If you try video files from a different source you should see that this feature works.

One of the problems with video codecs is they use the same extension for different encoding. So, not all .avi files are the same.

Rich

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections