JV
Posted By
joost.verstaeten
Aug 5, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have bought a "old" graphire tablet. ET-0405-U I supose it is the graphire1. On the site from wacom i foind only the information about the graphire2
Can someone tell me what are the difference between the older and the new one?
tia

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

JW
Jim White
Aug 10, 2003
I can’t, but I know someone who can!
If you telephone the support number (used to be on the web site), they are super helpful, perhaps the very best I’ve found. And they’re in Holland.

"Joost Verstraeten" wrote in message
I have bought a "old" graphire tablet. ET-0405-U I supose it is the graphire1. On the site from wacom i foind only the information about the graphire2
Can someone tell me what are the difference between the older and the new one?
tia
N
nytrashman7618
Oct 24, 2003
I have seen reference to a wacom tablet and was wondering if anyone uses one and what benefits you get using one with PSE.
BG
Byron_Gale
Oct 24, 2003
George,

I have the Wacom Graphire2, and I love it.

I am able to be far more precise with the pen than I can be with a mouse. Added to that is the pressure-sensitivity of the pen/pad, which provides tool control not available with a mouse.

I still use a mouse for most activity, and grab the pen when I need fine control.

Byron
JC
Jane_Carter
Oct 24, 2003
Hi George, I just got a Graphire 2 and hooked it up yesterday. It will be wonderful for drawing and tracing. It will take a while to get used to, but I am beginning to like it better by the hour.
From what everybody says, they are great. You and I will find out,,,,,,, Jane
RR
Raymond Robillard
Oct 25, 2003
I’ve had my Wacom for over a year and I wouldn’t go without it. I unplug it from the computer and plug on the laptop when I go outside to work 😉

It takes some use to, but eventually, all users find it incredibly fun to work with.

Now that the Graphire3 is out… I can’t resist for a 6 x 8 !

Ray
DS
Dick_Smith
Oct 25, 2003
On Fri, 24 Oct 2003 12:21:28 -0700, George S. Forman
wrote:

I have seen reference to a wacom tablet and was wondering if anyone uses one and what benefits you get using one with PSE.

I’ve had mine for about 3 months and have gotten very used to using it. Fact is I use it more that the mouse!

I would highly recommend getting one, especially for editing digital images.

Dick

Using M2, Opera’s revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/m2/
N
nytrashman7618
Oct 25, 2003
I just came home with my new wacom 4 x 5 tablet and I must say it does take some getting used to. using the pen, it seems to move the cursor WAY to fast for me. I have tried to slow the speed down by going to preferences, mouse, speed, etc. but it appears this only effects the mouse, NOT the pen. using the magnetic lasso tool, for example, I seem to have more control using the mouse then I do with the pen. maybe I just need to use it more and perhaps I will get used to the way it works. does anyone use the supplied mouse with there tablet? I prefer to use my logitech mx700 cordless optical mouse instead of the one that came with the wacom tablet.
WB
W_Bobrowski
Oct 25, 2003
I’ve got the Cintiq and love it! No more hand-eye coordination thing. Draw directly on the image itself.

Walt
BB
Barbara_Brundage
Oct 25, 2003
Wow, Walt! I’m sooo jealous.
GD
Grant_Dixon
Oct 25, 2003
Barbara

After receiving you Challenge I am soooo jealous … great work !!!!

g
BB
Barbara_Brundage
Oct 25, 2003
Grant–Huh?

Maybe it’s from imacgirl? I haven’t had time to fool with the photo, alas.

Barbara
GD
Grant_Dixon
Oct 25, 2003
wrote in message
Grant–Huh?

Maybe it’s from imacgirl? I haven’t had time to fool with the photo, alas.

Barbara
GD
Grant_Dixon
Oct 25, 2003
woops
ML
Marty_Landolt
Oct 25, 2003
I have a wacom 6X8 and am most eager to learn to use it with the Challenge work. I certainly could not afford it but my wrists were getting so sore it was either $$$$ or quit computers. It’s not only easier on the wrist but I can do quite a few things using the left hand and sitting back in my chair.
Marty
BH
Beth_Haney
Oct 26, 2003
Now you have my attention Marty, as I sit here with a strip of cortisone-infused tape on my wrist! It’s too bad my Christmas list is so long already. 🙁
R
Ray
Oct 26, 2003
Beth, I second what Marty just said. Suffering from pain in my right wrist and arm, I was unable to
use a mouse for more than 30 minutes (after a full day of work, that is). The Wacom tablet has made
it possible to use my home computer for hours without feeling the usually associated pain. And it’s
so small that I can pack it along with the laptop when I need to.

Wacom’s user testimonies : http://www.wacom.com/comfort/index.cfm

Check their new offering, the Graphire3 6 x 8. I have a Graphire2 4 x 5 and it has become a little too small after 3 years. Now considering a 6 x 8.
http://www.wacom.com/graphire/6×8.cfm

Ray
ML
Marty_Landolt
Oct 28, 2003
BETH,
Glad to hear others are like me. I know you once said you had some Arthritis…(big pain in the … wherever). I’m now in TN at my dauhters and trying to do the challenge. So far I have copied the very cute picture but have to work with her imaging software.
She has the "divided" keyboard and I’m getting use to it. It does place the hands in a more normal position but I’m not good at finding the keys this way.
RAY,
I thought you had one. Gee, two wonderful helpers! When it comes to really learning the ‘USE’ of it I’ll know whose door to RAP on (ha ha).
Marty
BH
Beth_Haney
Oct 28, 2003
My son was over Sunday, and I was getting the conversation moved toward Christmas. I was showing him the Wacom site, and he said he bought one three or four years ago to use with the computer that was his then and is now mine. I’m gettin’ a "free" Wacom come next Sunday!! 🙂 It’s probably the smallest one, but the price is right, and it’s already been tested with the computer I’m using. Woohoo!

And, yes, the RA is kicking up again. I was symptom free for a year and a half, although not in remission. Such is life. Now that all of the broken bones have healed…
R
Ray
Oct 29, 2003
Marty, thanks to a very kind forum user, I just learned a new word : RAP (asside from being a musical genre, that is).

Ray
ML
Marty_Landolt
Oct 29, 2003
RAY, I tried to memorize that poem "Ravon" but gave up about 1/2 way through. I think that’s where I got the word RAP.

BETH, Already I have 2 knees replaced and the hips come next. Runs in the family and I hate to think I have handed it down to my daughter, Diane.
I am about to send Grant my image for Challenge 38.
Did it on Diane’s computer with Photo Deluxe so dear knows what will come of it. Marty
F
Falcon
Nov 3, 2005
Hi Everyone
I’m thinknig of getting a Wacon Graphire 4XL tablet for using with Photroshop CS
Does anyone use one of these or can offer any advice before I part with my cash.

Thanks

Brian
MH
Mike Hyndman
Nov 3, 2005
"Falcon" wrote in message
Hi Everyone
I’m thinknig of getting a Wacon Graphire 4XL tablet for using with Photroshop CS
Does anyone use one of these or can offer any advice before I part with my cash.

Thanks

Brian
Hello Brian,
To get an answer from the "gurus" you really need to a member of Adobeforums which is free and easy
to join, just go to http://www.adobe.com/support/forums/main.html and scroll down to Adobe Photoshop
F
Falcon
Nov 4, 2005
Thanks Mike – will do
Regards
Brian

"Mike Hyndman" wrote in message
"Falcon" wrote in message
Hi Everyone

Thanks

Brian
Hello Brian,
To get an answer from the "gurus" you really need to a member of Adobeforums which is free and easy
to join, just go to http://www.adobe.com/support/forums/main.html and scroll
down to Adobe Photoshop
K
keepout
Apr 14, 2008
Is there a wacom tablet user forum ? I’ve only had it for a few hours, but I’m real sure I’m going to be needing some tips..
I have the smallest one, and wish it were even smaller.
I’m trying to use it for everything to get the hang of it, put the properties thing on the top left button for fast access.

Using my old mouse on top of the tablet, it seems like this mouse has gone out of whack also.

more pix @ http://members.toast.net/cbminfo/index.html
B
bolo
Apr 15, 2008
are you using it with photoshop?
wrote in message
Is there a wacom tablet user forum ? I’ve only had it for a few hours, but I’m
real sure I’m going to be needing some tips..
I’m trying to use it for everything to get the hang of it, put the properties
thing on the top left button for fast access.

Using my old mouse on top of the tablet, it seems like this mouse has gone out
of whack also.

DJ
david johnson
Apr 15, 2008
On Mon, 14 Apr 2008 19:36:19 -0500, "bolo"
wrote:

are you using it with photoshop?
wrote in message
Is there a wacom tablet user forum ? I’ve only had it for a few hours, but I’m
real sure I’m going to be needing some tips..
I’m trying to use it for everything to get the hang of it, put the properties
thing on the top left button for fast access.

Using my old mouse on top of the tablet, it seems like this mouse has gone out
of whack also.

i have the viola 2, if i recall, isnt there a forum actually on the wacom site?

i know i posted up there as my mouse is moving ( quivering ) by itself well was.
K
keepout
Apr 15, 2008
On Tue, 15 Apr 2008 07:52:55 GMT, wrote:

i know i posted up there as my mouse is moving ( quivering ) by itself well was.

They might have HAD a forum. I couldn’t find anything, and really not interested in endless mails to support.

Yesterday I had the top left button defined to open the wacom tablet.cpl. Today it’s reverted . And when I tried to redefine it to open it, opening it from the key now comes up with tabuserw.exe couldn’t be found. Yet I can run it from C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Wacom Tablet\wacom tablet properties

But when I right click that properties, I get
C:\WINDOWS\System32\WacomTablet.cpl. And when I enter this into the tablet buttons run command TODAY, it fails.

I’ve made a desktop shortcut that works, but it would be simpler in this breakin period to have it back on the button.

DJ
david johnson
Apr 15, 2008
On Tue, 15 Apr 2008 08:44:22 -0400, wrote:

On Tue, 15 Apr 2008 07:52:55 GMT, wrote:

They might have HAD a forum. I couldn’t find anything, and really not interested in endless mails to support.

Yesterday I had the top left button defined to open the wacom tablet.cpl. Today it’s reverted . And when I tried to redefine it to open it, opening it from the key now comes up with tabuserw.exe couldn’t be found. Yet I can run it from C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Wacom Tablet\wacom tablet properties

But when I right click that properties, I get
C:\WINDOWS\System32\WacomTablet.cpl. And when I enter this into the tablet buttons run command TODAY, it fails.

I’ve made a desktop shortcut that works, but it would be simpler in this breakin period to have it back on the button.

http://www.wacom-europe.com/forum/default.asp?lang=uk

just your luck its temporaliy down
K
keepout
Apr 15, 2008
On Tue, 15 Apr 2008 19:08:01 GMT, wrote:

http://www.wacom-europe.com/forum/default.asp?lang=uk

just your luck its temporaliy down

I re-installed it, and now have it back on that button.

K
keepout
Apr 20, 2008
Since PS is what I use the tablet on, would it be a problem having Wacom discussions here ?

I’ve browsed the web, there’s a yahoo group, 35 members, but you don’t send to the group, you send to the owner of the group, Want’s my name etc… Too weird for me.

Found a few ‘problems with’ threads around the web. At some ‘we fix your problem for cash’ site. No fixes other than the 2 that I added.

There’s definitely not enough chatter on the web to warrant the wacom worship I’ve heard off and on.

Best chatter I did see was ratings at Amazon. Where the Wacom worshippers congregate.

Myself I can’t see it. I have the intuous3, and it’s the most expensive mouse pad I’ve ever owned.

Sitting there in PS, after adding the filters and brushes from the I3 CD, trying to make some corrections with colorizing a Simpson photo back to a normal skin color, Once I made the mask for hue, I could no longer select any of the individual layers. So that session was done for the day.

FWIW: This was the 2nd day on the same project. 1st day went seemingly without a hitch other than the tablet opening prefs, different tools, not responding etc.. And that’s what I call almost working.

Guess I’m just trying to find out where this ‘wacom is god’ myth began. I’m pretty sure they don’t have a ‘satisfaction guaranteed or money cheerfully refunded’ policy.

D
Dave
Apr 20, 2008
On Sun, 20 Apr 2008 11:07:02 -0400, wrote:

Since PS is what I use the tablet on, would it be a problem having Wacom discussions here ?

Most (if not all) of the members here, are in agreement that a tablet is a tablet, and wacom is only a name. A group of Morris Minor owners are right now busy driving from Cape Town to London. With cars older than many of the readers here. Not with Mercs or Porsche’s but Morris Minors. A car is a car; so is a graphic tablet a graphic tablet. Why do you think wacom is sò special?

But all Photo Editing programs are not the same. Let’s talk Photoshop:-)
J
Joel
Apr 20, 2008
wrote:

It may depend on what type of discussion you are going to discuss, or if you just do normal discuss about Photoshop & Wacom then I guess it should be fine.

I’ve browsed the web, there’s a yahoo group, 35 members, but you don’t send to the group, you send to the owner of the group, Want’s my name etc… Too weird for me.

I don’t understanf what you are trying to say here. Or I read Usenet Message from Usenet Server *not* Yahoo group to know much about it, and you should ask Yahoo group member instead of here which has nothing to do with Yahoo or Google group.

Found a few ‘problems with’ threads around the web. At some ‘we fix your problem for cash’ site. No fixes other than the 2 that I added.

It sounds like some type of SERVICE?

There’s definitely not enough chatter on the web to warrant the wacom worship I’ve heard off and on.

There won’t be much here either *if* you keep talking about Web, Yahoo, Google as they have nothing to do with Usenet.

Best chatter I did see was ratings at Amazon. Where the Wacom worshippers congregate.

It sounds like you are talking about Users’ FEEDBACKs.

Myself I can’t see it. I have the intuous3, and it’s the most expensive mouse pad I’ve ever owned.

Yes, it’s a pretty expensive toy, and I have 2 of them Wacom. And several other brands I bought decade(s) ago.

Sitting there in PS, after adding the filters and brushes from the I3 CD, trying to make some corrections with colorizing a Simpson photo back to a normal skin color, Once I made the mask for hue, I could no longer select any of the individual layers. So that session was done for the day.

Hmmm this should be Photoshop command not Wacom?

FWIW: This was the 2nd day on the same project. 1st day went seemingly without a hitch other than the tablet opening prefs, different tools, not responding etc.. And that’s what I call almost working.

Tablet shouldn’t be much different then regular pen, and for most people it may take few days to get used to (to undo the MOUSE thing), and may take few weeks to get rid of the mouse etc..

*If* your pen not responding then it’s possible that you try to mess around with the MOUSE or using the mouse on top of the tablet which may kill the pen. That’s my own experience with the Graphire model I had 4-5 years ago, and I haven’t tested the Intuos to know if still have some issue.

Guess I’m just trying to find out where this ‘wacom is god’ myth began. I’m pretty sure they don’t have a ‘satisfaction guaranteed or money cheerfully refunded’ policy.

Well, if you worship it then it will become your god, if you learn to think and use it as a tool then it will be your servant. They may have 30 days or so return policy, but it seems like you are lacking of learning experience.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections