Posted By
Nicole_Bellemare
May 6, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,
I bought CS2 upgrade win and I have a problem to activate my product. My upgrade is from the version 4: I was sharing a PC with someone else that is now gone and I had to buy a new version for myself.

There are notes on the install cd regarding upgrading from a version prior to 5.5 to call adobe to register the product. I did that tonight but the person was not able to help me.

Any suggestions?

Nicole

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

DM
dave_milbut
May 6, 2005
if it was their version 4 – registered to them, you need to buy a full version. you can’t upgrade off someone else’s license. return the upgrade and buy the full version. (i think you have 30 days.)
NB
Nicole_Bellemare
May 6, 2005
That old version was registered at my name

Nicole
DM
dave_milbut
May 6, 2005
so why did they say they can’t help you? should be no problem. maybe call and get a different rep. don’t mention "sharing the computer". 🙂
NB
Nicole_Bellemare
May 6, 2005
I will try another one tomorrow. Maybe they are better during the day. I actually don’t share the computer anymore.

Thanks for your help
Nicole
B
BobLevine
May 6, 2005
Did you actually register the software with Adobe? If so, as Dave says, there shouldn’t be a problem. Call back.

Bob
NB
Nicole_Bellemare
May 7, 2005
Problem solved with Adobe
Thanks
Nicole
DM
dave_milbut
May 7, 2005
no problem. what was it? get another cs rep?
NB
Nicole_Bellemare
May 7, 2005
Yes
More helpful. Now I have another problem on my laptop.
Bridge doesn’t want to open file missing and when I open photoshop I have a message that the updater doesn’t work. On my desktop I don’t have that problem

Nicole
DM
dave_milbut
May 7, 2005
reinstall? or do you have to go through that whole mess again?
B
BobLevine
May 7, 2005
Shouldn’t be a problem if she deactivates first.

Bob
DM
dave_milbut
May 8, 2005
good point. maybe during the week when cust. svc is there, i’ll try to deactivate and reactivate again just to see how/(if?!! <g>) it works.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections