Replies
Status
Closed
I have a real simple action. Condensed version:
open
resize
sharpen
save as

Ran it as a batch process on a folder full of images. Some worked just fine, others produced errors :
Command resize not available
Command sharpen not available
Command save as not available

I can open one of the offending images and then run the action, starting with the resize, and it works fine, so apparently just failing to open some of the files.

I can find no consistent difference between the files that work and the ones that don’t. All have the same permissions. A mix of jpeg, tiff and psd files. All RGB. Various sizes.

This is Photoshop CS ver. 8, on a Mac G5 running Tiger. Lots of memory.

Suggestions?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

J
jjs
Dec 11, 2008
"Bill Steele" wrote in message
I have a real simple action. Condensed version:
open
resize
sharpen
save as

Ran it as a batch process on a folder full of images. Some worked just fine, others produced errors :
Command resize not available
Command sharpen not available
Command save as not available

Bill, save yourself a lot of grief and at least try File – Automate – Image Processor. If it is not all you want, you can hit the check-box to add an action to it.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections