Posted By
osito_grande
May 5, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Using WIn XP with CS

How do i make sure my scratch disk is set to a drive other than that containing the Windows paging file?
what are the steps to take to accomplish that?

Thank you

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

JH
Jason_Haynes
May 5, 2005
You have to have a second hard drive or more than one partition on a single hard drive.
C
chrisjbirchall
May 5, 2005
or more than one partition on a single hard drive.

There is no advantage in putting the scratch on another partition on the same drive.

It has to be a separate hard disk. The reasoning behind this is to prevent PS’s scratch and Windows’ paging file competing for read/write operations on a single hard disk.

Chris.
DM
dave_milbut
May 5, 2005
and the reults either way can be negligable unless you’re working on really big files! 🙂 i don’t but still i feel better with them on seperate physical drives.
D
deebs
May 5, 2005
Yeh same here

I’ve had 3 disk failures and when they go it can be a bit of a shock.

Luckily in every case I was able extract data either directly or through a DOS disk.

Now Linux can run direct from a bootable CD or USB pen-drive directly into RAM or so I understand. Now that is cool – even if it allowed data export to a rapidly patched in new drive it would be a great utility.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections