DC
Posted By
d_cole
May 5, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have been using Intellihance and Smartscale plugins (both by Extensis) absolutely fine with PSCS. But I am unable to get them to install properly with CS2. The Smartscale filter appears greyed out in the Extensis flyout box (I have entered the serial code), and Intellihance seems to be present but when you click on any of the Intellihance filters nothing happens. I have a help request out to Extensis technical support but I’d be really glad to know if any other CS2 owners are having trouble with these programs and if not, did you have to do anything special to get them working?
Thanks
David

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

CS
Chuck_S
May 5, 2005
Well I don’t have either of those plugins, but I do have Extensis MaskPro and PhotoFrame so I may be of some help.
If when you say "Extensis flyout box" I think you are referring to the Extensis menu up in the PS toolbar.
If that is the case…no Extensis’s filters won’t work from there anymore.

However my filters still work when accessed from the regular PS filter dropdown menu. I’m not sure that Extensis will be able to fix the toolbar menu.

You can get rid of the Extensis toolbar from showing (since it doesn’t work) by going into the plugin folder and delete the “Extensis Library.acel” file.

Chuck
D
deebs
May 5, 2005
Personally I can’t see why personal menus couldn’t be supported. But why depend upon mouse or keyboard prompts?

Now that XP has speech recognition (with Dr Who in the background) why not go a whole new way forward and have speech commands?

This IMHO is a good reason for a standard structured menu system eg: keyword Brush (brush pallet appears)
keyword Favorite (user defined favorite brush appears)

Now this IMHO would be worthy of a bit of R&D (my own view is that customizable toolbars are great especially for seasoned and experienced users but a speech prompted/driven menu system may be cool too)
DP
Daryl_Pritchard
May 5, 2005
David,

Just a thought based upon past experience with PhotoTools and some Extensis plug-in demos I’ve tried out, is that if one of their plug-ins doesn’t work right, you might try changing the installation order to see if that helps. I believe it was the EToolBox.dll file of PhotoTools that some more recent demo stepped on with a newer version, and then the Extensis menu wasn’t showing up. When I replaced the more current EToolBox.dll file with the earlier version, PhotoTools and the more current plug-in both seemed to work fine.

I suggest you uninstall both plug-ins, make sure no files are left behind, and then reinstall one of them. Look for what files are installed, notably those in the Photoshop root folder and in the Plug-ins folder. One easy way to do this is open two Windows Explorer windows, one to each of the folders identified and with the Detailed view selected. Then, upon running the installer, new files should appear at the bottom of the list of files in each window. Next, copy those files to backup folders, such as on your desktop, and then perform the 2nd plug-in installation. When that is done, review the file properties of those in the backup folders against those in the installation paths. If you see differences, then the most recently installed plug-in has replaced the files. So, copy those files to a 2nd backup folder. Now, replace the installed files with the ones in the 1st backup folder and try launching PS again to see if there’s any improvement in how the plug-ins work. If there is, then work with them for a while (or even a few days) to see if any adverse operations are seen; if not, you can probably leave things as is. Obviously, if the behavior is worse, you’d want to restore the files from the 2nd backup folder back to the installation path.

Hope that makes sense…good luck!

Daryl

P.S. – I did see on the Extensis website that none of their plug-ins appear to work with PS CS2 on the new Mac Tiger O/S, but nothing is said of Windows, so I don’t know what the story is there.
TL
T_Lane
May 5, 2005
I see the same problem on my desktop computer, which has a number of Extensis plugins installed – Intellihance, MaskPro, Smartscale, and PhotoFrame. Only PhotoFrame works from the Extensis drop-down menu.

On my laptop, I only installed Intellihance, and in this case the Extensis drop-down menu worked correctly. So, there seems to be a problem with one of the other plugins (Smartscale, MaskPro, or PhotoFrame) that creates some type of conflict.

Ted

On Thu, 5 May 2005 06:18:01 -0700, wrote:

I have been using Intellihance and Smartscale plugins (both by Extensis) absolutely fine with PSCS. But I am unable to get them to install properly with CS2. The Smartscale filter appears greyed out in the Extensis flyout box (I have entered the serial code), and Intellihance seems to be present but when you click on any of the Intellihance filters nothing happens. I have a help request out to Extensis technical support but I’d be really glad to know if any other CS2 owners are having trouble with these programs and if not, did you have to do anything special to get them working?
Thanks
David
TL
T_Lane
May 6, 2005
I now see that Extensis is working on upgrades for these plugins for CS2… see:
http://www.extensis.com/en/support/product_compatibility.jsp

Ted

On Thu, 5 May 2005 06:18:01 -0700, wrote:

Thanks
David

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections