CS3 Web Photo Gallery: how to upload to existing site?

B
Posted By
Boppy
Nov 23, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi, I’ve used the Web Photo Gallery action under Automation and would like to upload the resultant gallery to an existing site. However the action creates a whole web package which seems to be designed to be uploaded to a site all of its own – eg it has created its own Index page and script and image folders which will overwrite my existing web folders if I put it in my current web directory.

Is anyone able to advise me on how to turn the files into something I can link to from an existing site without having to create a new site/ domain?

The photo package relates to photos of a wedding held at my client’s restaurant and I want to upload them so the bride can let me know which images she’d like in high-res. If I can get this working nicely I’ll do it on a regular basis as a service for other brides and event managers who use my client’s venues.

Thanks in advance,
Jo

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

N
nomail
Nov 23, 2008
Boppy wrote:

Hi, I’ve used the Web Photo Gallery action under Automation and would like to upload the resultant gallery to an existing site. However the action creates a whole web package which seems to be designed to be uploaded to a site all of its own – eg it has created its own Index page and script and image folders which will overwrite my existing web folders if I put it in my current web directory.

Is anyone able to advise me on how to turn the files into something I can link to from an existing site without having to create a new site/ domain?

There isn’t a problem at all. Just create a directory on your website and put the gallery in that directory. To link from your site to the gallery, all you need to do is to link to the index page in that directory.

Johan W. Elzenga johan<<at>>johanfoto.nl Editor / Photographer http://www.johanfoto.com
B
Boppy
Nov 24, 2008
On Nov 24, 11:09 am, (Johan W. Elzenga) wrote:
Boppy wrote:

There isn’t a problem at all. Just create a directory on your website and put the gallery in that directory. To link from your site to the gallery, all you need to do is to link to the index page in that directory.

Johan W. Elzenga johan<<at>>johanfoto.nl Editor / Photographer http://www.johanfoto.com

Thanks Johan, works like a charm!

Cheers,
Jo

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections