Can a URL be embedded in an image itself?

AK
Posted By
anthony_kulesa
Apr 14, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
ImageReady documentation seems to indicatate that a URL can be assigned to an image, but it only seems to work if one also exports the HTML code with the image slice. What I am trying to do is swap out an image on an existing web page and have the new image link to a new page, without going into the HTML code and changing the link for each page, since there are dozens. Is this possible? Ideas?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

EH
Ed_Hannigan
Apr 14, 2004
Not as far as I know. URLs are referenced in the code not emberdded in theh image. You will have to deal with the code one way or another.

But there may be a solution or a way to batch this or change it globally in your site. Can you provide more info? I am not an expert in such matters but some here (or I’m thinking on the Go Live Forum) may be able to provide a solution.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Apr 14, 2004
You could make image maps and reference each region to a different external url. This can be done very easily in GoLive.
T
Todie
Apr 15, 2004
I think it can be done in QuickTime.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections