K
Posted By
KDS
Apr 14, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I AM TRYING TO RE-INSTALL MY PHOTOSHOP SOFTWARE STARTING WITH 4.0 THEN DOINF ALL THE UPGRADES TO 7.0. I HAVE ALL THE APPROPRIATE CDS THAT I ORIGINALLY PURCHASED AND AFTER I INSTALL 4.0 NO PROBLEM, IT WILL NOT ALLOW ME TO UPGRADE TO THE 6.0 DISC???? AN INSTALL WINDOW COMES UP AND TELLS ME TO INSERT A CD OF VERSION 4.0 OR LATER (WHICH I HAVE) BUT IT DOES NOT LET ME EJECT HE CURRENT ONE IN THE DRIVE??/ WHAT GIVES? HELP!

THANKS

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

B
Buko
Apr 14, 2004
Your Caps Lock key is stuck.
K
KDS
Apr 14, 2004
ARE YOU SERIOUS?

this just doesn’t have the same impact.
B
Buko
Apr 14, 2004
And when you are shouting (All Caps )

most people tend to ignore you.

Now what was your problem. All caps is so hard to read.
K
KDS
Apr 14, 2004
my computer will not eject the ps update cd in order to verify the older version. how is it going to verify an older version if it won’t eject the update cd? i can’t update my ps…..
B
Buko
Apr 14, 2004
To install PS 7 all you need is your old number and your new number.

You don’t need to load all other versions on.
R
Ram
Apr 14, 2004
this just doesn’t have the same impact.

That’s the whole point, to avoid the very negative impact of your all-caps posts.
K
KDS
Apr 14, 2004
AHHH…GOT IT RAINMAN.

I THOUGHT I COULD ACTUALLY GET HELP HERE INSTEAD OF NEGATIVE COMMENTS ABOUT THE STYLE OF MY TEXT. I finally received help only after I CHANGED THE STYLE OF MY TEXT.

that’s like not helping out a poor old lady cross the street until she addressed you properly.
R
Ram
Apr 14, 2004
All caps are difficult to read, more so on screen.

You are correct, I would not assist someone who shouts at me.
J
JasonSmith
Apr 14, 2004
JUST INSERT YOUR PHOTOSHOP 7 CD, IT WILL ASK YOU FOR YOUR LEGACY SERIAL NUMBER!!!!!11111
K
KDS
Apr 14, 2004
RAINMAN..I’M NOT SHOUTING. IT’S JUST MY STYLE.

IF THAT POOR OLD LADY WAS WEARING SOMETHING THAT YOU DIDN’T APPROVE OF…I GUESS YOU’D WALK ON BY.
G
graffiti
Apr 14, 2004
IT’S JUST MY STYLE.

Hope you’re not a graphic designer by trade.

Those should be some interesting brochures.
B
Buko
Apr 14, 2004
KDS youare rude and ignorant.
R
Ram
Apr 14, 2004
IT’S JUST MY STYLE

That’s obvious.
K
KDS
Apr 14, 2004
"That’s obvious"

YES IT IS….I DON’T BELIEVE IN BEING PHONY OR SOMEONE I’M NOT. EVEN WITH SOMETHING AS (WHAT I THOUGHT WOULD BE SIMPLE) AS GETTING A LITTLE HELP.
RC
Rob_CS
Jul 17, 2004
Along a similar vein (the topic issue, not the All Caps issue):

I’m trying to install an upgrade to Photoshop 6 on my new G5 (panther 10.3.4). (I don’t have Photoshop 7 yet, so the some of the suggestions above don’t apply)

In order to install the upgrade CD it requires that I insert a valid photoshop 4 CD, but the installer window doesn’t seem to allow me to temporarily eject the photoshop 6 upgrade CD in order to insert the photoshop 4 CD. The eject button doesn’t work while in the installer mode, and the Control E doesn’t work as well.

When I try to install the upgrade photoshop 6 CD, a window comes up that says: This upgrade requires proof of ownership of photoshop 4 or later. Please insert an original valid CD-ROM.

When I click the continue button a VISE installer window comes up that says: "Please insert the CD-ROM from Photoshop 4 or later, then select the CD.

Note: If necessary, you can temporarily eject the current CD-ROM from your driver."

But the Eject button in the pane is greyed out, so I can’t select and eject the photshop 6 CD in order to insert the photoshop 4 one.

Any ideas as to how to do this? This may be more of a "G5/Apple" question, but I’m sure a lot of Mac people use this forum, so I thought someone could help out.

As a long time Mac person and Web Designer, here’s my 2 cents on the ALL CAPS issue, and forum responses. While it’s true from a usability and asthetic standpoint not to use all caps in emails, forums, etc, basically anything on the web (or off, for that matter) as a common internet courtesy, it’s also important from a forum user standpoint to be sure that courtesy goes both ways. If someone inadvertantly breaches internet courtesy in their forum posts, the best thing to do is to, first, answer the question. Then, as an informative aside, mention the common courtesy method of posting forum questions. People are here on these forums to help, and to get help. Let’s not forget that we’re a community.
P
Phosphor
Jul 17, 2004
Then, after providing loving assistance as Rob CS suggested, above, if the miscreant continues to act like a snotty, immature dipstick who refuses to somewhat follow established norms, then he deserves every bit of flak that tears through his jacket.
R
Ram
Jul 18, 2004
Rob,

You have a G5 and are not upgrading to Photoshop 8 for a mere $169? Sorry, but that makes no sense.
R
Ram
Jul 18, 2004
Especially if the version you have is Photoshop 6. Of all Photoshop versions (after v. 3), 6.x is the only one that can’t open certain files created in Photoshop CS:

Chris Cox "Some images saved in Photoshop CS will not open in Photoshop 6" 2/13/04 3:45pm </cgi-bin/webx?50>
RC
Rob_CS
Jul 18, 2004
Ramón,

Photoshop 8 will come, in time. After spending $2500 on the G5, and knowing that I need to upgrade Photoshop, Illustrator, Quark, Flash, Dreamweaver, Appleworks, etc., the software upgrades will be acquired over time. Unless you want to send to me that "mere $169".
R
Ram
Jul 18, 2004
Rob,

Obviously I feel no compulsion or inclination to send you as much as a darn penny, and whether you upgrade or nor is not a concern of mine. If you thought otherwise, you were under a misconception.
RC
Rob_CS
Jul 18, 2004
Lighten up, Ramon!

If you feel inclined to comment on my hardware and purchasing choices and timelines, be prepared for a response.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Jul 18, 2004
With the name "Rob CS" we could be expected to assume that you would be filling your new G5 with the entire CS group?!

:~)

Seriously, anyone who already has any version of Photoshop is entitled to buy the entire CS collection UPGRADE. This is a huge bargain at $549 for the standard collection or $169 for each program individually.

And what’s more it will let you get the most out of OS 10.3.4 on your new G5.

Check it out:
< http://store.adobe.com/store/products/master.jhtml?id=catCre ativeSuite>

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections