B
Posted By
BF
Nov 5, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Can CS3 and CS4 exist at the same time on a computer? I would not want to uninstall CS3 until I was completely satisfied that CS4 was running properly.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

B
br
Nov 5, 2008
"BF" wrote in message
Can CS3 and CS4 exist at the same time on a computer? I would not want to uninstall CS3 until I was completely satisfied that CS4 was running properly.

yes, they won’t fight
FA
Frank Arthur
Nov 5, 2008
"BF" wrote in message

Yes
R
Rob
Nov 5, 2008
/\BratMan/\ wrote:
"BF" wrote in message

yes, they won’t fight

But you can’t open up both at the same time.

Plus there is a glitch which I discovered and removed CS3. Comes within Adobe security.

Why keep CS3 anyway if you have CS4, every thing is available to make them work the same.

Check this if its slow

http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=kb 405711&sliceId=1
A
akphotog
Nov 6, 2008
My install got hung up…thus, I needed to re-install again. The result, at least when installed the Suite is it deleted CS3 InDesign and Dreamweaver. BUT, when I use the PITA online help window I get an error message that I am using a faulty upgrade serial number. I called adobe and they verified my activations but even they could not figure out why with the new install it neither asked for my own number or recognized it. What does that have to do with your post you might ask? It means that via the ‘activation’ process things might be wackey with both. I am still waiting on some plugins to be updated for CS4 Illustrator so until then I need and want to keep PS and ILLY CS3 and CS4 running.

"BF" wrote in message
R
Rob
Nov 6, 2008
robert_b wrote:
My install got hung up…thus, I needed to re-install again. The result, at least when installed the Suite is it deleted CS3 InDesign and Dreamweaver. BUT, when I use the PITA online help window I get an error message that I am using a faulty upgrade serial number. I called adobe and they verified my activations but even they could not figure out why with the new install it neither asked for my own number or recognized it. What does that have to do with your post you might ask? It means that via the ‘activation’ process things might be wackey with both. I am still waiting on some plugins to be updated for CS4 Illustrator so until then I need and want to keep PS and ILLY CS3 and CS4 running.

Be interested to know if you get an answer from Adobe or they just take it on board.

They still didn’t get the install and activation problems sorted on CS3. I could not install the web suite off the DVD and had to use individual units.

On one PC I have the accept screen coming up when PS CS4 is booted.

go figure!
FM
fat_man_on_a_bicycle
Nov 7, 2008
I have both Photoshop CS3 and CS4 without probs on an XP Pro machine and also on a Vista Home Premium box

– fat man on a bicycle –

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections