DH
Posted By
David Hoodenpyle
Sep 24, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hey folks, I’m brand new to the forum and Photoshop. I’ve been trying to create a double exposure, but I can’t get it done. Specifically, I have a shot of the USAF Thunderbirds in formation with a nice vapor trail, and a shot of some thunderstorm clouds with a deep hole. I want to overlap these images to make it look like the T-birds are flying out of the hole in the clouds. Can someone give me step-by-step instructions?

Thanks in advance,
David

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

PD
Pete D
Sep 24, 2003
David,

First open both pictures and make sure they are same resolution and size. Drag the "layers palette" from the well at top on to your screen so you have easy access. (click on the folder tab where it says layers, hold and drag down)
Click on the clouds picture and drag it on top of the Plane picture. (note that on the layers palette this layer will be active….blue on right. Click on the right pointing arrow by the word opacity on the layers palette and reduce the opacity of the cloud layer to a point where you can see the plane behind but still see the clouds in front.
Click on the eraser tool (on the vertical toolbar 7th tool down on left) At top of screen just under menu bar icons you will see the eraser is the selected tool and to the right of that is a drop down menu of brushes…choose a "soft edge" brush and to the right of that adjust the size of the brush.
Now start erasing the clouds that are right over the plane. Change the opacity back to 100% on the cloud layer and check progress often.

Above all….have fun and come back with any questions after you try this a few times.

Pete
DH
David Hoodenpyle
Sep 24, 2003
Thanks a lot Pete. Finally, I’m making progress.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections