Posted By
Tom Thackrey
Aug 4, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
On 3-Aug-2003, Tony Cooper wrote:

I crop a lot of photos to a particular width: 480 pixels. I change the resolution to 100 at the same time. I used to be able to do this by setting 480 in the width box, and 100 in the resolution box, in the crop tool bar that comes up when the crop tool is open. This restricts the crop area to this exact width with the height not being constricted.

I recently re-set my settings to default, and the width box now wants to crop my photo to 480 *inches* wide. I can’t figure out how to get it back to pixels in width. Suggestions?

type ‘480 px’ into the box

Tom Thackrey
www.creative-light.com

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

K
Kingdom
Aug 4, 2003
"Tom Thackrey" wrote in news:EylXa.65$B%
:

On 3-Aug-2003, Tony Cooper wrote:

I crop a lot of photos to a particular width: 480 pixels. I change the resolution to 100 at the same time. I used to be able to do this by setting 480 in the width box, and 100 in the resolution box, in the crop tool bar that comes up when the crop tool is open. This restricts the crop area to this exact width with the height not being constricted.

I recently re-set my settings to default, and the width box now wants to crop my photo to 480 *inches* wide. I can’t figure out how to get it back to pixels in width. Suggestions?

type ‘480 px’ into the box

Right click the box and select what you want

Experience is something you get just after you need it.

============================================================ ============= Walrus Home alt.binaries.pictures.wallpaper <=vote here every weekend. weekly entries posted on
http://web.newsguy.com/evilsideshowbob/entries.html
FAQ found at http://members.rogers.com/heretic54/
(The most up to date version is posted in alt.binaries.pictures.wallpaper on Mondays and Thursdays. PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING)
Walrus websites: http://web.newsguy.com/evilsideshowbob/ For Contest Archives & Artists http://www.weeklywalrus.com ============================================================ =============
DH
Darrel Hoffman
Aug 4, 2003
"Tony Cooper" wrote in message

Go to Edit/Preferences/Units & Rulers. The rest should be self-explanatory.
W
wes
Aug 4, 2003
Or you can type the number followed by px. Or you can right click on the ruler and change to pixels or other measurements.

"Darrel Hoffman" wrote in message
"Tony Cooper" wrote in message

Go to Edit/Preferences/Units & Rulers. The rest should be
self-explanatory.
DH
Darrel Hoffman
Aug 4, 2003
Or you can type the number followed by px.

Yes, but if you’re doing lots and lots of images, you want to have the default be what you’re going to use the most. I don’t know
about you, but I’d get pretty tired of typing "px" over and over every single time for hundreds of photos…
W
wes
Aug 4, 2003
Then just right click on the ruler and everything changes to whatever you select there. That shouldn’t be too hard.

Yes, but if you’re doing lots and lots of images, you want to have the
default be what you’re going to use the most. I don’t know
about you, but I’d get pretty tired of typing "px" over and over every
single time for hundreds of photos…
TC
Tony Cooper
Aug 5, 2003
On Mon, 4 Aug 2003 15:06:32 -0400, "Darrel Hoffman" wrote:

Yes, but if you’re doing lots and lots of images, you want to have the default be what you’re going to use the most. I don’t know
about you, but I’d get pretty tired of typing "px" over and over every single time for hundreds of photos…

I seems that if I put in 480 px, that becomes the default for any crop every time I open PS7. That’s fine, because it can be over-ridden. I had been putting in 480 pixels. Adobe apparently prefers that I abbreviate and rejects that.
L
Ludwig
Aug 5, 2003
Create a crop tool preset. Select the crop tool, enter one or both dimensions and the resolution. Then click the right arrow from the crop tool drop down in the options bar to create and name the new preset.

Yes, but if you’re doing lots and lots of images, you want to have the
default be what you’re going to use the most. I don’t know
about you, but I’d get pretty tired of typing "px" over and over every
single time for hundreds of photos…

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections