MS
Posted By
Manglik_Shah
May 4, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have an organization chart which is a .gif file. I am very new to this and I am not sure about how to add or modify to this .gif file. I need to add or change names on this organization chart. Can someone tell me what is the best way to achieve this? Can this be done using photoshop or is there another easier way to do this? Any help is appreciated.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

L
LenHewitt
May 4, 2005
You will need to mode-change to RGB, clone out the existing text and re-set the text you want.
DM
Don_McCahill
May 4, 2005
There is no easy way to do this. GIF text is not editable. You need to do as Len suggests. However, once you have made the new chart in PS, save as a PSD file, then export a GIF. The latter will be the same size as your original (roughly) but by keeping the PSD version you can use it in the future to make more modifications.

Don McCahill
DM
dave_milbut
May 4, 2005
org charts definately should not be done in ps. isn’t there some microsoft software you can use that’d be better equipped than an image editor?
R
RSD99
May 5, 2005
"dave_milbut" posted:
"…
isn’t there some microsoft software
…."

Why **Micro$loth** Software? Micro$crew doesn’t know "anything" about how to write a graphics application … of any kind!

Actually, I agree with you … totally … that PhotoShop is not the program to use for this task.
The proper task is probably the program that was used to produce the original Organizational Chart … working from the original file. If that combination isn’t available, I would try

(1) Virtually any commercially available "Organizational Chart" software. Sorry, I have no current experience with these programs, and will refrain from giving *any* advice.

(2) Virtually any commercially available *vector* drawing program … such as Corel Draw, Adobe Illustrator, or equivalent. The total ‘Org Chart’ will have to be re-drawn, but an acceptable final output will be possible.

wrote in message
org charts definately should not be done in ps. isn’t there some
microsoft software you can use that’d be better equipped than an image editor?
JJ
John Joslin
May 5, 2005
Visio

We worked with it all the time when I was gainfully employed in the aerospace industry. Since then, it has been hoovered up by Micro$oft, so they have probably ruined it. 🙁

Edit: Tee Hee! The Adobe forum spell checker accepts the spelling Micro$oft 🙂
DM
Don_McCahill
May 6, 2005
Dave

I agree, if one has the full suite, Illustrator is a better tool. However, with vector shapes PS is feasible if that is the only option. There really is no dedicated Adobe application. Charting in AI does not do this (unlike the charting in PowerPoint or Excel).

Don McCahill
DM
dave_milbut
May 6, 2005
if one has the full suite, Illustrator is a better tool.

ick! there’s got to be something like visio or even word would be better than either illy or ps to do a flowchart!
DM
Don_McCahill
May 6, 2005
I did a lot of them with Illustrator. It works pretty well, although it is not dynamic. I prefer it to PowerPoint, which sometimes automatically does things you would rather it not do.

Don McCahill
DM
dave_milbut
May 6, 2005
I prefer not to do org charts at all! XD

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections