LK
Posted By
Leen Koper
Sep 23, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Maybe this topic should be in the request section, but I think here it will get more attention and probably this suggestion is too dumb as I don’t know anything at all of how software like Photoshop is written.

Elements is a wonderful program,I really enjoy it and I consider it a kind of sport to use it instead of the full version, but sometimes I miss functionalities like the healing brush, quick mask etc.

Wouldnot it be possible to produce an Elements version 3 or 3.1 as a kind of basic set and make it possible to buy Adobe add ons of each just only one or two tools from the full version? This way one might construct a personalised version somewhere between these two versions?

This would make nice christmas presents for years to come…..

Leen

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

R
Ray
Sep 23, 2003
Leen, I’ve always thought as you just expressed. We should be able to buy a software in seperate modules. How many people use all of Word’s funtions ? Like VBA, or mail merge? I once read a non-scientific study showing that for most, people only use 20% of the funtions of Word. The same is true Excel (i.e. the ability to run a SQL query on a corporate database, saving a sheet in HTML, etc). It would be fair to buy the "core" of a software, and the desired funtions, on the fly as we
need them 🙂
EM
Elena Murphy
Sep 23, 2003
True it would be nice to only have to pay for what we use… but I doubt it would be very cost-effective for the manufacturers who would still have to develop all the components regardless of how many people end up buying them. Also, components might add up to being more expensive for us when purchased individually than they cost as part of a whole package that contains stuff we don’t want.
LK
Leen Koper
Sep 23, 2003
Elena, I wouldnot mind if the price of the separate modules together would exceed the price of the total package.
People who use the full version usually buy this as they need it professionally. Elements users would be willing to spend a lot more on Adobe products if they can buy add ons. And there should be quite a lot of Elements users as so many people received Elements for free with their digital camera or scanner. This is an enormous market, incredibly much larger than the full version market. There must be millions out there….

Mr. (or Mrs?)Adobe, whenever you can make a profit on my suggestion, I’ll be completely satisfied with just only 0.1% of the generated extra turnover.
On request I’ll mail you the number of my bank account.
(O, and please don’t forget Mr. Robillard from Canada; he seems to be a nice guy and he had the similar idea.)

Leen
R
Ray
Sep 23, 2003
LOL !

I’ll take Illustrator and Premiere, no money will be fine with me 😉 ….oh and PSA v 2, as soon as it becomes available.

Ray

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections