C
Posted By
Cornofstarchy
Oct 15, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi everyone, I’m following this tutorial: http://www.rnel.net/tutorial/Photoshop/11541 and I’m stuck on the step after the "Gradient’s Parameters" step. I clicked ok and… nothing. How did the author get the nice red coloured wavy line? I tried filling it in with black and red but it doesn’t turn out the same way as it is in the tutorial. Can someone shed some light on this? Thanks!

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

DC
Dave Cohen
Oct 16, 2008
Cornofstarchy wrote:
Hi everyone, I’m following this tutorial: http://www.rnel.net/tutorial/Photoshop/11541 and I’m stuck on the step after the "Gradient’s Parameters" step. I clicked ok and… nothing. How did the author get the nice red coloured wavy line? I tried filling it in with black and red but it doesn’t turn out the same way as it is in the tutorial. Can someone shed some light on this? Thanks!

It appears the tutorial is missing some information that would make the instruction, "Set the next parameters for the last made layer by making a mouse click on this layer on the layers’ palette. " make sense.

Try this. Before you apply your blending options, go to the paths palette and click on the "convert path to selection" icon on the bottom then right click on the selection (with any selection tool eg. magic wand) and select "make layer via copy". Now you have your nice red coloured wavy lines available to play with. -S
C
Cornofstarchy
Oct 16, 2008
On Oct 15, 7:30 pm, Swatch wrote:
It appears the tutorial is missing some information that would make the instruction, "Set the next parameters for the last made layer by making a mouse click on this layer on the layers’ palette. " make sense.
Try this. Before you apply your blending options, go to the paths palette and click on the "convert path to selection" icon on the bottom then right click on the selection (with any selection tool eg. magic wand) and select "make layer via copy".  Now you have your nice red coloured wavy lines available to play with. -S

Well, I can’t make it as elegant as the author’s but it works! Thanks for the help!

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections