M
Posted By
mich
Sep 28, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve been working on panoramas that are well over 40 inches long and would like to divide into parts for printing and assembly in CS3. I want the seams in the final so I don’t want to use roll paper. What’s the best procedure to do this? I’d like fairly accurated divisions if possible. Thanks for any help.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

J
Joel
Sep 28, 2008
wrote:

I’ve been working on panoramas that are well over 40 inches long and would like to divide into parts for printing and assembly in CS3. I want the seams in the final so I don’t want to use roll paper. What’s the best procedure to do this? I’d like fairly accurated divisions if possible. Thanks for any help.

Pick your choice.

1. Sending it to photolab which would do great job and usually cost less than inkjet. I haven’t print poster size for some years to know how much they charge these days, so I guess 30-40" probably cost around $20-25 (I may be wrong).

2. I have heard but never tried the util to print poster. I never installed but I guess it devides the whole large photo into smaller parts (8×10 at least).

3. Or you can device it yourself. If you not so sure what you may try then I would suggest something like (remember I never tried but I can think).

a. Select 8×10 Crop (or whatever tool you wish) to select a corner of the large photo

b. Then COPY to clipboard and DELETE the selected area

c. PASTE the clipboard to 8×10 canvas

d. Repeating Step a-c until no more to COPY & PASTE
K
KatWoman
Sep 28, 2008
wrote in message

make guide lines

can’t remember if just the marquee tool may do it
I think it prints only the area you have selected

if not you can

crop and print one part
undo crop
move right>> crop and print etc
RG
Roy G
Sep 28, 2008
"KatWoman" wrote in message
wrote in message

make guide lines

if not you can

crop and print one part
undo crop
As Katwoman has suggested, you could use the marquee tool to make a layer for each section.

The Print command will only Print visible layers, so you can easily Print them one at a time.

Roy G
K
KatWoman
Sep 29, 2008
"Roy G" wrote in message
wrote in message

make guide lines

if not you can

crop and print one part
undo crop
As Katwoman has suggested, you could use the marquee tool to make a layer for each section.

The Print command will only Print visible layers, so you can easily Print them one at a time.

Roy G
for this purpose I would use an already flattened image
or merge all for printing but don’t save at close when done
RG
Roy G
Sep 29, 2008
"Roy G" wrote in message
wrote in message

make guide lines

if not you can

crop and print one part
undo crop

Roy G
for this purpose I would use an already flattened image
or merge all for printing but don’t save at close when done

Don’t flatten, then make all except one invisible.

Go to Print and only that one visible layer will print.

This way he can print each layer individually, splitting his panorama into as many bits as he wants.

The problem with just using selections and printing those individually, is that he would need to deselect and make a new selection before printing the next bit. And he might not get that exactly conterminous, which is what I suspect he wants.

Roy G
JJ
John J
Sep 30, 2008
Create guides.
Slice on guides.
Make layers from slices
Export layers to files
Close all

Make this action:
Open file
trim
print
K
KatWoman
Sep 30, 2008
"John J" wrote in message
Create guides.
Slice on guides.
Make layers from slices
Export layers to files
Close all

Make this action:
Open file
trim
print
elegant simple re-usable

good answer
M
mich
Oct 1, 2008
On Tue, 30 Sep 2008 12:16:39 -0400, "KatWoman" wrote:

Create guides.
Slice on guides.
Make layers from slices
Export layers to files
Close all

Make this action:
Open file
trim
print
elegant simple re-usable

good answer

Thanks everyone; greatly appreciated.
J
Joel
Oct 1, 2008
wrote:

Create guides.
Slice on guides.
Make layers from slices
Export layers to files
Close all

Make this action:
Open file
trim
print
elegant simple re-usable

good answer

Well, thanks for letting us know you are still alive. Quite often I hate to see someone drops the bomb here then vanish without a trace.
A
Art
Oct 1, 2008
In response to this very question a couple weeks ago, someone suggested downloading Poster Razor.

I did.

It’s fabulous. It’ll do all the work for you.

"Joel" wrote in message
wrote:

Create guides.
Slice on guides.
Make layers from slices
Export layers to files
Close all

Make this action:
Open file
trim
print
elegant simple re-usable

good answer

Well, thanks for letting us know you are still alive. Quite often I hate to see someone drops the bomb here then vanish without a trace.

** Posted from http://www.teranews.com **
M
mich
Oct 1, 2008
On Wed, 01 Oct 2008 09:15:37 -0500, Joel wrote:

wrote:

Create guides.
Slice on guides.
Make layers from slices
Export layers to files
Close all

Make this action:
Open file
trim
print
elegant simple re-usable

good answer

Sorry mate; I was out of town living in a client’s house for a few days and away from a computer.
M
mich
Oct 1, 2008
On Wed, 1 Oct 2008 10:58:00 -0500, "Art" wrote:

In response to this very question a couple weeks ago, someone suggested downloading Poster Razor.

I did.

It’s fabulous. It’ll do all the work for you.
I just downloaded it. Thanks.
J
Joel
Oct 1, 2008
wrote:

On Wed, 01 Oct 2008 09:15:37 -0500, Joel wrote:

wrote:

Create guides.
Slice on guides.
Make layers from slices
Export layers to files
Close all

Make this action:
Open file
trim
print
elegant simple re-usable

good answer

Sorry mate; I was out of town living in a client’s house for a few days and away from a computer.

No, I didn’t mean anything but what I said. It’s very nice to get the update from the original to see if any advice does help, and this often help others who may need the same answer.

Also, as I gave several options.

1. One using Photoshop trick which I often encourage Photoshop user to do

2. Using a 3rd party software designed specific for the job, and I believe I mentioned the name POSTER which I never tried myself, but have heard about it for some years.

Me? since you may not doing this often so POSTER may not be necessary, or since you only do it once or twice then Photoshop trick would be more than plenty.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections