C
Posted By
Cardinal
Sep 24, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a picture of a fish. It is positioned horizontally and appears one dimensional. Is there a way in Photoshop 6.0 that I could somehow bend the back part of the fish to make it appear more life like even "swimming." I experimented with Perspective, Distort, etc but that seemed to change the entire fish. Thanks very much.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

K
keepout
Sep 24, 2008
On Wed, 24 Sep 2008 10:55:04 -0700 (PDT), Cardinal
wrote:

I have a picture of a fish. It is positioned horizontally and appears one dimensional. Is there a way in Photoshop 6.0 that I could somehow bend the back part of the fish to make it appear more life like even "swimming." I experimented with Perspective, Distort, etc but that seemed to change the entire fish. Thanks very much.

new layer, pen tool, outline a path, then add motion blur to the path. —
more pix @ http://members.toast.net/cbminfo/index.html
J
jaSPAMc
Sep 24, 2008
Cardinal found these unused words:

Select only part of the ‘fish’ and use ‘free transform’ only on the ‘side’ away from the unselected rest of the body.

Distort, skew work, if you use rotate, you’d need to move the selection action centre very near the selection ‘join’.
S
samandjanet
Sep 25, 2008
Cardinal wrote:

Edit>Transform>Warp.
With time and patience you should be able to get the result you’re after. It’s how I did this…
http://flickr.com/photos/swampy_bogtrotter/302675533/in/set- 72157600045520675/
S
samandjanet
Sep 25, 2008
(used to be) Fat Sam wrote:
Cardinal wrote:

Edit>Transform>Warp.
With time and patience you should be able to get the result you’re after. It’s how I did this…
http://flickr.com/photos/swampy_bogtrotter/302675533/in/set- 72157600045520675/

Remember, if you want to affect only parts of the fish at a time, you’ll have to copy those bits to new layers first.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections