Posted By
no_spam_please
Sep 20, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello.
How can I select the whole image, without the background, if I clear all it’s background
(i.e : earth without background is circle.
I want to match the selection exactly of the size of the earth).

Thanks 🙂

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

J
Joel
Sep 20, 2008
"Mr. X." wrote:

Hello.
How can I select the whole image, without the background, if I clear all it’s background

It’s depending on how well you have mastered your tool. You can pick your choice.

1. Using PEN TOOL as some people are talking about Pen Tool at the moment. And you should READ other topics to learn more which is more useful than asking too many question which you may end up learning none. Or it may take weeks or months for an average user with lot of practice to be able to learn (I mean well learn) a simple command, when you have been asking several daily. Unless you try to collect the answer to write a book or something.

2. Wizard which is less powerful than Pen Tool

3. Masking, this is a different type of masking I mentioned earlier which may require the combination of Pen Tool, Marking, Channel, and quite a few other basic commands.

And you may finish with the Masking Command I have been talking about in the past few days (or in the past several months). Yes, there are few different Masking techinques one you create the Masked File and one you use the Mask Command to apply directly to the layer(s) without creating a Masked File.

Thanks 🙂
F
Fred
Sep 20, 2008
Hello.
Thanks 🙂

if you have the earth on a seperate layer, ctrl click on the layer (in the layers palette)
otherwise use the magic wand to select everything but the earth, inverse the selection and hit ctrl-J
NS
no_spam_please
Sep 20, 2008
Thank you 🙂
NS
no_spam_please
Sep 20, 2008
What mask got to do with that ?
(Just ctrl + click on layer, as Fred said, was good enough)

Thanks 🙂
J
Joel
Sep 20, 2008
Mask is just like another tool, and it depends on how well you know mask.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections