MS
Posted By
Marion Sherman Howard
Aug 3, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
You’ve all been *such* a great resource, that I’ve got another question for you. 😉

I’m setting up my own little web design business, I have my logo, etc., now I need business cards.

Advice/suggestions on what software to use? Could I do the whole thing in Photoshop? (I have version 7.) Would it be wiser to use a template with a word-processing program? What dpi/resolution is best for using my photoshop image for a business card?

Any words of wisdom you have to offer would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Marion Howard

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

CF
Craig Flory
Aug 3, 2003
Hi Marion;
You will get lots of people telling you programs
like Pagemaker which is an excellent program. If you have it in your budget ….go for it. I’m a professional portrait photographer and I use MS Publisher 2002 XP for all my printing needs including business cards. You type up one and set it for the card brand & number you are printing on. I find that I get a good result using 250 ppi the same, as all the pro color labs want for digital photos. Do any image work in Photoshop and then after saving, open & drop in Publisher or whatever program you settle on. Or if you want to wait to buy a program …you may want to try using a place like Kinkos. You can rent time on their computers and do up your business card there. They have Publisher plus I’m sure other DTP programs as well . Then you could have them print it for you …or have a disc burned & print it at your business. In my studio , I like preperforated Avery Business cards. They break apart easily and leave no edge residue. Good luck ; Craig Flory

"Marion Sherman Howard" wrote in message
You’ve all been *such* a great resource, that I’ve got another question for you. 😉

I’m setting up my own little web design business, I have my logo, etc., now I need business cards.

Advice/suggestions on what software to use? Could I do the whole thing in Photoshop? (I have version 7.) Would it be wiser to use a template with a word-processing program? What dpi/resolution is best for using my photoshop image for a business card?

Thank you!

Marion Howard

C
Charlie
Aug 4, 2003
I prepared the image in Photoshop then used Word to do the printing. Word has templates for Avery business cards that make the printing setup easy.

Thank you!

Marion Howard

R
rtr
Aug 4, 2003
Charlie wrote:
I prepared the image in Photoshop then used Word to do the printing. Word has templates for Avery business cards that make the printing setup easy.

Same goes for Word Perfect.

rtr

Thank you!

Marion Howard

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections