G
Posted By
garylelia
Aug 18, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Whenever I try to use the clone stamp tool I get msg saying unavalabe due to program error ,,all the other functions ,,crop,,brushes,,etc work fine ,,I am fairly new to cs3 ,,any ideas??? thanks ,,gary

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

K
KatWoman
Aug 18, 2008
"garylelia" wrote in message
Whenever I try to use the clone stamp tool I get msg saying unavalabe due to program error ,,all the other functions ,,crop,,brushes,,etc work fine ,,I am fairly new to cs3 ,,any ideas??? thanks ,,gary

It was working previously??
check the options bar
make sure you are sampling from an area, layer that has pixels and that no funny settings like color etc

ditch your presets folder and let it go to default settings?? that often fixes odd glitches

ran all updates after install??
may need a re-install?
JJ
John J
Aug 19, 2008
KatWoman wrote:

ran all updates after install??
may need a re-install?

May need a license?
G
gowanoh
Aug 19, 2008
That message usually means you are trying to perform an operation on an unselected area of an image or on an adjustment layer.
For example you may be trying to use the clone stamp but the active layer is a curves adjustment: that will generate the warning box you are seeing.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections