Posted By
osito_grande
May 4, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Am a newbie using Photoshop 7 on XP

I am designing a business card for my sister.
I dont seem to haeve many fonts to choose from.
How can i get more to select from?

Also, is there a way of "pre-viewing" fonts before seleting one instead of having to apply a font to see what it looks like?

Also, i need to embed fonts before sending to printers.
How do i embed a font in PS7.?

Thank you for your help

OG

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

C
Corey
May 4, 2005
All the fonts on your system should be available. You should have two font folders, your system fonts and your Photoshop fonts. (See Photoshop Help for Fonts) In your system fonts, if you didn’t "load" them, but instead merely dragged and dropped them into your Font folder, they may not show up. Too many fonts can cause problems too.

The way to preview a font, and this works even if you have layer styles like Drop Shadow or Bevel and Emboss applied, is to place your cursor in the font field and use your up-down arrow keys on your keyboard to scroll through them. I think that’s about as good as it gets. However, you can jump to other fonts by typing them in. Pressing the "F" key will take you to fonts that begin with "F."

This arrow key trick also works with any other field. For instance, if you want to change the opacity of a layer, you click in the opacity field and use your arrow keys. To change a brush size, rotate angle, virtually anything!

Peadge 🙂

wrote in message
Am a newbie using Photoshop 7 on XP

I am designing a business card for my sister.
I dont seem to haeve many fonts to choose from.
How can i get more to select from?

Also, is there a way of "pre-viewing" fonts before seleting one instead of having to apply a font to see what it looks like?

Also, i need to embed fonts before sending to printers.
How do i embed a font in PS7.?

Thank you for your help

OG
N
NTD
May 4, 2005
Osito,

1. You can buy fonts from Adobe.

2. Previewing fonts, I believe, is new to CS2.

3. Never used vers 7, but I believe you can save as pdf in 7 and select embed fonts there.
ML
Mike_Logan
May 4, 2005
Fonts (more correctly Founts, or Typefaces) are available from a variety of sources. "Free Fonts" in a Search Engine request should yield plentiful links to try.

It is a pity that PS doesn’t show a true graphic of the typeface itself when selecting (but this is available in MS Word for instance) so it is helpful to build up a printed catalogue of your installed typefaces I think.

Mine are sorted by Serif, Sans Serif, Decorative and the just plain silly (but often useful) along with certain others.

I ditch the ones I rarely use to a back-up disc.
C
chrisjbirchall
May 4, 2005
Type in your text. Select (highlight) it. Choose a font from the drop-down list then use the arrow keys to scroll though the list. As you move from font to font the typeface will be reflected in the highlighted text.

Chris.
P
Phosphor
May 4, 2005
I could fully obfuscate the entire issue by explaining why "font" and "typeface" are really not interchangeable terms, but Len might shut the thread down for making him dizzy.

🙂
ML
Mike_Logan
May 4, 2005
Sorry chaps… and chapesses… just the Brit in me. Font is an Americanisation of the word Fount. That’s all.
C
chrisjbirchall
May 4, 2005
obfuscate? Shouldn’t that be…

Oh never mind! <grin>
OG
osito_grande
May 5, 2005
Thank you all for your help..

OG

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections