Posted By
Walter Voigt
Jun 26, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello all:

I have a pictureof my young son and would like to insert, next to his picture, a duplicate of his own image. It’s a joke to make him believe he has a twin, or something like that. Could anyone help?
Very much appreciated.
W. Voigt

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

MR
Mike Russell
Jun 26, 2008
On Wed, 25 Jun 2008 23:19:11 -0400, Walter Voigt wrote:

I have a pictureof my young son and would like to insert, next to his picture, a duplicate of his own image. It’s a joke to make him believe he has a twin, or something like that. Could anyone help?
Very much appreciated.
W. Voigt

Put your camera on a tripod, and do several shots with him moving around, then put the images on top of one another, as layers, and use layer masks to reveal one or more of the other images.

It might be more fun to do several images, rather than two. Not sure why, but I think he might enjoy it even more if you have other people in the image duplicated also.

Mike Russell – http://www.curvemeister.com
TC
tony cooper
Jun 26, 2008
On Wed, 25 Jun 2008 23:19:11 -0400, "Walter Voigt" wrote:

Hello all:

Very much appreciated.
W. Voigt

It depends on what you have to work with. If you have Photoshop or Elements or The Gimp, it’s dead easy to do what you want. I’m sure there are other programs that could be used. Without knowing what you have to use to manipulate the image, though, there’s no way to provide you with an answer.

Tony Cooper – Orlando, Florida
J
Joel
Jun 26, 2008
"Walter Voigt" wrote:

Hello all:

Very much appreciated.
W. Voigt

It’s a very basic thing for Photoshop user. Just Drag & Drop his twin to the existing photo (in separate layer) then you have it. Then good or bad will depend on your processing skill.
K
KatWoman
Jun 26, 2008
"Walter Voigt" wrote in message
Hello all:

Very much appreciated.
W. Voigt
easiest technique for non artist
open image

go to canvas size> tick relative 150% on width leave height same (or just numerically double the width)
duplicate the layer with image on it (drag to paper icon) EDIT> transform>> flip horizontal

then you have the boy and his mirror image next to him
(if too much is in between crop original close to the subject"s body first)
WV
Walter Voigt
Jul 5, 2008
Thank you very much for your reply. Although what I wanted was to do the duplication and the insertion with Photoshop, your suggestion to use various exposures and with movements, has given me other new ideas. Thanks again,
W.Voigt

"Mike Russell" wrote in message
On Wed, 25 Jun 2008 23:19:11 -0400, Walter Voigt wrote:

I have a pictureof my young son and would like to insert, next to his picture, a duplicate of his own image. It’s a joke to make him believe he
has a twin, or something like that. Could anyone help?
Very much appreciated.
W. Voigt

Put your camera on a tripod, and do several shots with him moving around, then put the images on top of one another, as layers, and use layer masks to reveal one or more of the other images.

It might be more fun to do several images, rather than two. Not sure why, but I think he might enjoy it even more if you have other people in the image duplicated also.

Mike Russell – http://www.curvemeister.com
WV
Walter Voigt
Jul 5, 2008
Yes, I have Photoshop 7, but I would appreciate step by step instructions. Not that I don’t know anything about Photoshop, but specific actions would help me a lot.
Thank youvery much.
W.Voigt

"tony cooper" wrote in message

Hello all:

Very much appreciated.
W. Voigt

It depends on what you have to work with. If you have Photoshop or Elements or The Gimp, it’s dead easy to do what you want. I’m sure there are other programs that could be used. Without knowing what you have to use to manipulate the image, though, there’s no way to provide you with an answer.

Tony Cooper – Orlando, Florida
WV
Walter Voigt
Jul 5, 2008
I know how to make a copu of a kid, so to have two. But then what? I am not familiar with layers. Could you be more specific?
Thank you
W.Voigt

"Joel" wrote in message
"Walter Voigt" wrote:

Hello all:

I have a pictureof my young son and would like to insert, next to his picture, a duplicate of his own image. It’s a joke to make him believe he
has a twin, or something like that. Could anyone help?
Very much appreciated.
W. Voigt

It’s a very basic thing for Photoshop user. Just Drag & Drop his twin to the existing photo (in separate layer) then you have it. Then good or bad will depend on your processing skill.
WV
Walter Voigt
Jul 5, 2008
Thank you very much, but when you say "duplicate" image, how? Please detail the process step by step.
I appreciate everyone’s comments.
W.Voigt

"KatWoman" wrote in message
Hello all:

I have a pictureof my young son and would like to insert, next to his picture, a duplicate of his own image. It’s a joke to make him believe he has a twin, or something like that. Could anyone help? Very much appreciated.
W. Voigt
open image

go to canvas size> tick relative 150% on width leave height same (or just numerically double the width)
duplicate the layer with image on it (drag to paper icon) EDIT> transform>> flip horizontal

GW
Graham Waiffers
Jul 5, 2008
Walter Voigt wrote:
Thank you very much, but when you say "duplicate" image, how? Please detail the process step by step.
W.Voigt

Walter..

I don’t presume to speak for other a.g.p. posters, but I think you’d be better off to try reading a Photoshop book at the library, or do a Google on Photoshop basics tutorials for many of the directions you are seeking.

Graham Waiffers

The poster formerly known as Roger Thaat, Watson deMeneux or Jack Skwaht.
T
Talker
Jul 5, 2008

Hello all:

Very much appreciated.
W. Voigt

I remember coming across this site that offers some very basic tips in Photoshop. You can find it here
http://picman0.googlepages.com/home

If you scroll down to the heading"Placing A Face On A Different Body", it basically tells you the same thing. Instead of outlining just the face, you would outline the body of the person you want to cut out and paste to the second picture. Then when you have the person’s body placed into the second picture, you would just move it to where you wanted it.

Talker
K
KatWoman
Jul 5, 2008
W.Voigt

read it again I already said this>>>
duplicate the layer with image on it (drag to paper icon) (in the bottom of layer palette a small paper icon)
or right click on the layer and say duplicate layer
OR

copy the layer and paste it
then you will have two matching layers
edit>transform> flip horizontal

OK I MADE YOU AN ILLUSTRATED TUTORIAL
http://www.flickr.com/photos/kw-retouch/
click the picture and then click >ALL SIZES to see it larger

even if you decide to reshoot more poses you need the techniques here

Hello all:

I have a pictureof my young son and would like to insert, next to his picture, a duplicate of his own image. It’s a joke to make him believe he has a twin, or something like that. Could anyone help? Very much appreciated.
W. Voigt
open image

WV
Walter Voigt
Jul 5, 2008
Graham,
Thank you for your reply. I have a copy of "Photoshop 7 for Dummies" which is very extensive, but I have not found the instructions for duplicating my image free of ambiguities or straight forward ( I guess most readers of the book must br smarter than me).
W.Voigt

"Graham Waiffers" wrote in message
Walter Voigt wrote:
W.Voigt

Walter..

I don’t presume to speak for other a.g.p. posters, but I think you’d be better off to try reading a Photoshop book at the library, or do a Google on Photoshop basics tutorials for many of the directions you are seeking.

Graham Waiffers

The poster formerly known as Roger Thaat, Watson deMeneux or Jack Skwaht.
WV
Walter Voigt
Jul 5, 2008
KatWoman, I truly appreciate your efforts to teach me how to do my project, really. But, for example, you say: "click the picture and then click > ALL SIZES to see it larger…" Ok, which picture, the picture I want to duplicate? If so where in my picture does it say "all sizes"? Yes, I can make the picture larger with + pushes, but then what ?? Now, your tutorial pages are very nice and I will read it all and keep it as reference. But still, I’m stuck.
Thank you all.
W.Voigt

W.Voigt

duplicate the layer with image on it (drag to paper icon) (in the bottom of layer palette a small paper icon)
OR

Hello all:

W. Voigt
open image

K
KatWoman
Jul 5, 2008
KatWoman, I truly appreciate your efforts to teach me how to do my project, really. But, for example, you say: "click the picture and then click > ALL SIZES to see it larger…" Ok, which picture, the picture I want to duplicate? If so where in my picture does it say "all sizes"? Yes, I can make the picture larger with + pushes, but then what ?? Now, your tutorial pages are very nice and I will read it all and keep it as reference. But still, I’m stuck.
Thank you all.
W.Voigt

that part was just to see the flickr example picture in a larger size sorry for the confusion
the instructions for how to make your PS project are there on it

W.Voigt

OR

Hello all:

W. Voigt
open image

WV
Walter Voigt
Jul 6, 2008
Hi Talker, thank you very much for your comments. The site recommended is wonderful and it will help for sure. Thanks again
W.Voigt

"Talker" wrote in message

Hello all:

Very much appreciated.
W. Voigt

I remember coming across this site that offers some very basic tips in Photoshop. You can find it here
http://picman0.googlepages.com/home

If you scroll down to the heading"Placing A Face On A Different Body", it basically tells you the same thing. Instead of outlining just the face, you would outline the body of the person you want to cut out and paste to the second picture. Then when you have the person’s body placed into the second picture, you would just move it to where you wanted it.

Talker

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections