BL
Posted By
brooke_lhernould
May 3, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I work with CS suite, Epson StylusRIP v 1.6 (for an Epson StylusPhoto 1270), QuarkXpress 6, Acrobat 6 pro, Nero burning rom, and misc software (Word, PowerPoint, etc in their latest versions). I’m looking into getting an Intel 64-bit processor in a new computer. Are there any known compatibility problems with these softwares and the 64-bit processor?

Thanks again for everyone’s generous guidance.

Brooke

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

ND
Nick_Decker
May 3, 2005
Brooke, I don’t know, but here’s a link to a forum at Monarch Computers, which is being moderated by Microsoft techs:

< http://www.monarchcomputer.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&t hreadid=4096>

Might as well get it from the horse’s mouth. <g> If you ask a question that’s deemed worthy, MS will even send you a free t-shirt! (My question: Would it be safe to wear such a thing in public?)

Nick
BL
brooke_lhernould
May 3, 2005
Thanks for the link!

Brooke
ND
Nick_Decker
May 3, 2005
You’re welcome, Brooke. I’m interested in trying XP64, but I tend to hang back until the folks on the bleeding edge stop bleeding.
D
deebs
May 3, 2005
LOL! Agreed – maybe there should be a policy for early adopters of new hardware and OSs?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections