Posted By
Daniel_Ulysses
May 3, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hola
How came my colors are NOT consistent when I use the Safe for web window? I got my color profile set in PS CS to Adobe 1998, and I have notice that when I use the safe for web, my colors –shift– to a darkern colors,
Can I change (Fix) that?
How?
Anyone have the same problem? or I’m nuts
Please I need some help
Thanks
Daniel Ulysses

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

C
chrisjbirchall
May 3, 2005
Simple answer:

Convert your images to sRGB (Image>mode>Convert_to_Profile) before saving for web. That way images will appear in a web browser much the same as they will in Photoshop’s colour-managed environment.

You can set up an action to do this if you’ve a lot of images to convert.

Hope this helps.

Chris.
L
LenHewitt
May 3, 2005
Daniel,

In Save for web you are viewing in a non-colour managed environment – the same as when viewing in a web browser. In Photoshop, you are viewing in a colour managed environment and seeing the colours that were intended to be seen. Setting your Photoshop working space to sRGB will make the two much more alike, and setting your proof colours to Monitor RGB will allow you to see exactly how it will look in Save for Web or a Web Browser.
C
chrisjbirchall
May 3, 2005
Daniel.

If your work is prediminately for internet or on-screen use – or if your images are being sent to a lab which uses the sRGB colour profile for printing – then follow Len’s advice and set your Photoshop work space to sRGB.

If however, you are preparing images for commercial use, the wider Adobe RGB1998 colour space is the best one to choose. You can always condense this into the sRGB space for web use as in my earlier post.

However, if you prepare your images in sRGB, you cannot restore to full range of the wider gamut by converting the other way (sRGB to Adobe RGB1998).

So it depends on your particular requirements. I prefer to work in Adobe RGB1998 and have actions set up for converting the images for screen and web use.

Chris.
DU
Daniel_Ulysses
May 3, 2005
Hola
Thanks for your help
The more that I use photoshop the lees that I know –go figure– Daniel Ulysses

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections