Posted By
Stuart_Riley
May 2, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello,
I have Photoshop CS and I need some information to help me with the display of oversaturated captured digital photos. First, I have calibrated the monitor using ColorVision’s hardware on a CRT, and the color white balance temperature is set at 5600K. When I load either a converted RAW file or JPEG from my Canon 1D or 1DMkII, the colors are displayed unusually saturated (chroma high-saturation). When I select View->Soft Proofing for my monitor’s profile or for my printer (under Custom) the colors are displayed correctly (tonal). I have verified in other programs when loaded the colors are the same as shown as in the Soft Proofs. My profiles are set to US Prepress Defaults or North American General Purpose Defaults. The system is pretty much set to the defaults now. Why are the general display properties shown with such high saturation? Is there a way to reset the settings? (Other than resetting the preferrences?)
Thanks

Stuart

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections