PD
Posted By
Patrick_Donegan
May 2, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Just loaded CS2 Tryout and installed it with Supervisor ID. Upon starting CS2 and choosing File/Browse…, I get the following error message:

Bridge.exe – Unable to Locate DLL
The dynamic link library libagli18n28.dll could not be found in the specified path C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Bridge;.;C:\WINNT\system32;C:\WINNT\system;C:\WINNT;C:\Progr am Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS2\;C:\WINNT\system32;C:\WINNT;C:\WINNT\System32\Wbem.

I tried repairing CS2 Tryout install, then restarting the PC, but this did not help.

Since this was the first thing I did upon trying CS2, I’m VERY UNEASY about "upgrading". No error messages during install, yet such an obvious file has been left out – only to show up in one of the more important "features" of this "upgrade"… This doesn’t make me feel "warm and fuzzy" and willing to fork out another $150 for each of my machines.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

PD
Patrick_Donegan
May 2, 2005
This problem is resolved, in my case. After reading RBANKS entry in the BRIDGE forum, I decided to revise his/her method a bit.

1. While logged in as an administrator, I revised the security for the folder c:\documents and settings\all users by turning on the check box for "allowing inheritable permissions to propagate" in Win2K and "applying" this change.

Exit CS2 – if still running.

2. Next, run "Adobe Common File Installer.msi" found in driveletter:\Adobe\CS2Tryout\Photoshop CS2\Adobe(R) Photoshop(R) CS2\commonfilesinstaller (if you have the full version, you won’t see "CS2Tryout").

3. Restart CS2
C
Charlie
May 2, 2005
I had that problem plus a problem with CS2 and Bridge help files on a Windows 2000 machine. I had been logged on an account with Power User privileges when I installed them. I uninstalled CS2 and reinstalled while logged on as Administrator. Everything works OK now.

wrote in message
Just loaded CS2 Tryout and installed it with Supervisor ID. Upon starting
CS2 and choosing File/Browse…, I get the following error message:
Bridge.exe – Unable to Locate DLL
The dynamic link library libagli18n28.dll could not be found in the
specified path C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe
Bridge;.;C:\WINNT\system32;C:\WINNT\system;C:\WINNT;C:\Progr am Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop
CS2\;C:\WINNT\system32;C:\WINNT;C:\WINNT\System32\Wbem.
I tried repairing CS2 Tryout install, then restarting the PC, but this did
not help.
Since this was the first thing I did upon trying CS2, I’m VERY UNEASY
about "upgrading". No error messages during install, yet such an obvious file has been left out – only to show up in one of the more important "features" of this "upgrade"… This doesn’t make me feel "warm and fuzzy"
and willing to fork out another $150 for each of my machines.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections