Posted By
vsodhani
May 8, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,

I have a layer of scanned in paper. Im using it for the texture and shape. The paper is white but I would like it to be a shade of sky blue. How would I go about just changing that layers color.

Thanks for the help!
hb

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

DJ
david johnson
May 9, 2008
On Thu, 8 May 2008 13:52:17 -0700 (PDT), horatioB
wrote:

Hi,

I have a layer of scanned in paper. Im using it for the texture and shape. The paper is white but I would like it to be a shade of sky blue. How would I go about just changing that layers color.
Thanks for the help!
hb
under image / adjustments / choose on of the many options, that s one way
GW
Graham Waiffers
May 9, 2008
wrote:
wrote:

Hi,

Thanks for the help!
hb

make an adjustment layer that you can fiddle with any way you wish w/o altering the colour of the original image. Just save out the result you want into another file.

Graham Waiffers

The poster formerly known as Roger Thaat, Watson deMeneux or Jack Skwaht.
V
vsodhani
May 9, 2008
i just found out that i can add a color overlay as an effect with different opacities to the layer and it worked great! thanks for the advice.

On May 9, 10:05 am, Graham Waiffers wrote:
wrote:
wrote:

Hi,

Thanks for the help!
hb

make an adjustment layer that you can fiddle with any way you wish w/o altering the colour of the original image. Just save out the result you want into another file.

Graham Waiffers

D
Dave
May 9, 2008
On Fri, 9 May 2008 08:29:11 -0700 (PDT), horatioB
wrote:

i just found out that i can add a color overlay as an effect with different opacities to the layer and it worked great! thanks for the advice.

On May 9, 10:05 am, Graham Waiffers wrote:
wrote:
wrote:

Hi,

Thanks for the help!
hb

Graham Waiffers

There is many things you haven’t found out yet.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections