AW
Posted By
Allen_W
Apr 30, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Can anyone recommend a good monitor hood/visor for my IBM C220p 22" CRT?

[ < http://www.pc.ibm.com/us/accessories/monitors/crt_allmodels. html> ]

I need it for glare reduction during the day. Thanks.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

DG
Dana_Gartenlaub
Apr 30, 2005
You can make one easily from some black matt board and some Velcro strips. Just glue one side of the Velcro strips to the monitor, and position the board where you want it. Then glue the other part of the Velcro to the board, so you can take it off or put it on whenever you like.

My LaCie monitor came with a hood, which is a blue vinyl version of the basic hood I described. So it seems you might just as well make one that fits your monitor exactly.
D
D._Craig_Flory
Apr 30, 2005
I made mine from black foam-core board and , as suggested, I put soft velcro on the monitor and the "toothy" kind on the hood. I also customized mine more by putting soft velcro on the outside of the hood to stick things on like letter openers and rubber stamps & such.

Craig Flory

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections