Photoshop Cs2 (trial) installation error and crash.

B
Posted By
Bluzman
Apr 29, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
During the install of the photoshop Cs2 trial, I get a popup that says "You are not allowed to continue because your account does not have the proper privileges. Please log in using an account with administrative privileges and try again."

I AM logged on as administrator. I’m the only one who uses this machine. I have a relatively new Dell 8400 with XP Home/Sp2 installed with plenty of memory and disk space. After the "setup" completes and I try to open photoshop, the same window with the same error message pops up and, when clicking "ok", photoshop just shuts down.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

SB
Scott_Byer
Apr 29, 2005
There is *something* that you are missing the right privledges to access. Double-check to see that your user ID is in the Administrators local group.

Windows XP Home SP2 may be part of the problem, as some permissions/policies may have been turned down further than for Windows XP Professional.

I don’t have a lot of experiences with Windows XP Home, but you could try turning off simple file sharing (Explorer Tools->Folder Options, View tab). Check permissions/ownership on your entire Documents and Settings/<username> tree.

-Scott

wrote:
During the install of the photoshop Cs2 trial, I get a popup that says "You are not allowed to continue because your account does not have the proper privileges. Please log in using an account with administrative privileges and try again."

I AM logged on as administrator. I’m the only one who uses this machine. I have a relatively new Dell 8400 with XP Home/Sp2 installed with plenty of memory and disk space. After the "setup" completes and I try to open photoshop, the same window with the same error message pops up and, when clicking "ok", photoshop just shuts down.
B
Bluzman
Apr 29, 2005
Yes, I agree there’s something with "permissions" and "sharing". I’ll try that and post back here if that changes anything. Thanks for the input.
B
Bluzman
May 3, 2005
"Check permissions/ownership on your entire Documents and Settings/<username> tree."

How???

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections