Posted By
Linda Klatt
Apr 13, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi!
I would like to buy Adobe Photoshop 6 (for Macintosh) and I can’t find it anywhere! Could someone please tell me where I can buy it?! Thankyou!!

Linda

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

CC
Chris_Cox
Apr 13, 2004
The current version of Photoshop is CS (8.0) — Photoshop 6 isn’t for sale any longer.
Unless you find it on ebay… make sure that they transfer the license to you, so that you legally own it and can upgrade it when you need to.
LK
Linda Klatt
Apr 13, 2004
Thanks, people, I didn’t realize they didn’t sell Photoshop 6 any more or about transferring the license. I’m still looking for it, tho’. I’m going to, or still wanting to, take an on-line computer graphic class through a tech college in my town and of course I had to pick the one that will give me the most trouble :-P. Thanks again!
B
Buko
Apr 13, 2004
‘m going to, or still wanting to, take an on-line computer graphic class through a tech college in my town

Wouldn’t it be better to take a course from someone that is up-to-date??
LK
Linda Klatt
Apr 14, 2004
Yes, I s’pose I could take a course that is more up-to-date, but that’d just be too easy. 😉 I did find a sight that sold past programs but of course not Photoshop 6 for Macs. Just PC’s. So I’ve decided to buy the Photoshop 7 instead of driving myself crazy.
Thanks all!
B
Buko
Apr 14, 2004
So I’ve decided to buy the Photoshop 7 instead

Photoshop 7 is also discontinued. the current version is photoshop CS (8.0)
J
jonf
Apr 20, 2004
If you’d prefer to start with 6, you can try eBay or Half.com. They almost always have copies for sale. But try to buy a legal, unregistered, uninstalled version! There are a lot of unscrupulous sellers trying to sell off their old version after they upgrade, which is not legal.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Apr 20, 2004
I can see no possible reason for learning Photoshop 6 today.

If your computer can run Panther, go with Photoshop 8 (CS) — otherwise you are limited to trying to buy a legal version of 7.

But don’t waste your precious time, and money, learning old technology!
J
jonf
Apr 20, 2004
Photoshop 6 is not as bad as all that. There are definitely some nice new features in PS 7 (I’m not yet on CS) but there isn’t much of what she learns on 6 that will need to be unlearned when she upgrades. On the other hand, if she can learn on 7 while everyone else in her class is on 6, she’ll be ahead of the game. I’m just saying that 6 might be available somewhere, and it’s not really our business if people want to use PS6 or use a PC or even use some non-Adobe programs. Jeez, this forum gets mighty proselytical at times. 😉
AW
Allen_Wicks
Apr 20, 2004
v7 makes sense (because it runs on OS 9 or OS X) but v6 does not. V8 – – well, that’s a fruit drink.
LK
Linda Klatt
Apr 20, 2004
Thanks. I was starting to think that too. :-/ The class is only $69.00 and I decided to gp ahead and buy Photoshop 7. If I decide not to go into a graphic design career after taking this class at least I’ll have A Photoshop and know how to use it for my own use.
🙂

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections