A
Posted By
agent1159
Apr 28, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m just trying to learn the steps to print a photo edited in photoshop, combined with vector art from illustrator and printed as spot colors on t-shirts. What exactly would the printer need and what do i need to do to have it ready? I had previously edited water and sky in a photo in Photoshop CS bc it was to dark and grey, so i added some blue,the photo looked better but the shirt proof came out too dark. Too much blue in the channels. Was i on the right track, something else i needed to do or didnt do? thanks all.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

RW
Rene_Walling
Apr 28, 2005
What exactly would the printer need and what do i need to do to have it ready?

How about asking the printer, he knows best what he needs and we can only give you loose guidelines at best.
A
agent1159
Apr 28, 2005
Well the printer is not a pro at the actual technique of p.s. and uses their own artist when things get sticky, so i usually only get a few bits of info. I honestly wouldnt mind loose guidlines as i might be able to work it out from there. But i imagine there are many many steps. Thanks for whatever tips you might know of however.
A
agent1159
Apr 28, 2005
Or if anyone knows of any books, or training videos on how to prepare a photo for a printer would be nice too.
RW
Rene_Walling
Apr 28, 2005
If you can’t get the info from the printer, I honestly recommend finding another one.

What kind of printing are we talking about anyway? Silkscreening? Transfer prints?
A
agent1159
Apr 28, 2005
Silkscreen
G
goodidea1950SPAM-SPAM
Apr 28, 2005
wrote in message
: Well the printer is not a pro at the actual technique of p.s. and uses their own artist when things get sticky, so i usually only get a few bits of info. I honestly wouldnt mind loose guidlines as i might be able to work it out from there. But i imagine there are many many steps. Thanks for whatever tips you might know of however.

Maybe you need a new printer. The ideas of printing
out a proof and doing trapping has little to do with
Photoshop. I think there might be a little bs going on
here.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections