Posted By
Mario
Mar 18, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi all,

I have an LCD monitor Formac Gallery 2010 that I usually calibrate using the above (the monitor came with the bundled spyder and a version of Colorvision called GalleryCal). Anybody here has any experience wether they work under Windows Vista 64 bit? I know this is kind of OT but I guess this is the best place to ask.

Thanks!
Mario

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

G
gowanoh
Mar 18, 2008
There is no real world advantage to using the current 64 bit version of Vistaless compared to 32 bit Vista or XP.
What you think you gain in addressable RAM with 64 bit Vista you lose far more in compatible programs, usable drivers and OS stability. While CS3 will run on both versions of Vista accessing your image files, as well as performing many simple operations, is time by your wristwatch slower on Vista than on XP. Most objective studies see a minimum slowdown of 10% across the board and much, much longer if large files must be accessed by the hard drive which, of course, they must.
A serious problem with Vista 64 is the ability to write to DVD/CD for back-up, but learn the hard way if you must.
If you feel you must try 64 bit Vista do yourself a favor and install it as a dual boot option to your presumably current usable 32 bit OS.
M
Mario
Mar 18, 2008
Thanks for your kind reply!

dullpain ha scritto:
Most objective studies see a minimum slowdown of 10%
across the board and much, much longer if large files must be accessed by the hard drive which, of course, they must.

Is there any source on the net you can point me at?

A serious problem with Vista 64 is the ability to write to DVD/CD for back-up, but learn the hard way if you must.

I guess I will…there are so many different opinions I’ll have to check it out myself.

If you feel you must try 64 bit Vista do yourself a favor and install it as a dual boot option to your presumably current usable 32 bit OS.

This is a very good advice!

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections