DO
Posted By
David_Ourisman
Apr 10, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I just deactivated some of my fonts (using Apple’s Font Book)… just foreign fonts I don’t use. However, one unintended consequence is that the font that Photoshop uses for display purposes (for example, in the History tab, or at the lower left of the screen where it gives the size of the file) is now TOO LARGE. How can I edit the font size (or the font) used by the program for display purposes?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

BC
Bjorn_Christianson
May 13, 2004
I have the same problem, but I cannot confirm that deactivating or removing system fonts caused the problem. I noticed it quite some time ago, but am just now getting around to trying to fix it. I have resinstalled system fonts, reinstalled the Creative Suite, trashed preferences for Photoshop and the Creative Suite, hunted down fcache files, disabled Suitcase, cleared other cache files, and messed around with almost everything I could think of, all to no avail.

I currently have a case open with Adobe tech support.

Bjorn
C
CygnusX1
May 13, 2004
I would leave the Apple Gothic fonts "on"

Apple Gothic and Apple Light Gothic and Geneva.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
May 13, 2004
Among the fonts that I would definitely keep in System/Library/Fonts are: Apple LiGothic Medium.dfont
AppleGothic.dfont
AquaKanaBold.otf
AquaKanaRegular.otf
Courier.dfont
Geneva.dfont
Keyboard.dfont
LastResort.dfont
LucidaGrande.dfont
Monaco.dfont

However, I have replaced the .dfonts which had similar names to the following fonts with either the OTF or the Type 1 equivalent:
HelveticaLTStd Roman.otf
Symbo
Symbol
TimesLTStd Roman.otf
Zapf Dingbats
ZapfDin

All of my other fonts are managed by FontAgent Pro and this arrangement has been working faultlessly for months.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections