Posted By
bgt
Apr 9, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi Ann,
I have tried all that without any luck. I have found out, it´s some kind of bug in the OS X.

I made a disc image of the "Problem compuer" to another computer, and booted this partion, still no result.

I will try to se if I can find some kind of settnigs I can reset i the Mac OS X 10.3.3 system. As you know, I have already tried the preferences..

Regards
T

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Apr 10, 2004
I really don’t have any more ideas for this one.

Not that it will be any consolation to you, but I am running CS on 10.3.3 on a 2 GHz Dual G5 without any problems. This machine does use a different video card from yours — could that be an issue?

And then there is my mantra: When there’s trouble, it’s usually fonts! Check for duplicated, damaged or conflicting ones. (I replaced most of my System .dfonts with Type 1s or OTFs with the same name.)
B
bgt
Apr 10, 2004
Hi Ann,
I know all the troubles you can have with font´s´ín the system. I have removed almost every font in the system. I know what fonts the system is using and I have not removed them..

All my font types are matching together. No duplicated, damaged etc.

By the way, how is our exprience with the fonts you have replaced with Type 1´s or OFTs, is the system running okay like that..?

I think the problem is in the system, I will try to run the OS 10.3.3 update manualy, to see if this sovle the problem. If this wont work, I will try to replace some of the system files – with a system that runs ok.

I also think I can get it to work if I make a new archive installation, but I will not do that for now…:-)

T
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Apr 13, 2004
I replaced Symbol and Zapf Dingbats with Type 1s and Times and Helvetica with OTFs in System/Library Fonts.

The only fonts that remain in that folder now are:
Apple LiGothic Medium.dfont
AppleGothic.dfont
AquaKanaBold.otf
AquaKanaRegular.otf
Courier.dfont
Geeza Pro Bold.ttf
Geeza Pro.ttf
Geneva.dfont
Hei.dfont
HelveticaLTStd Roman.otf
Keyboard.dfont
LastResort.dfont
LucidaGrande.dfont
Monaco.dfont
Symbo
Symbol
TimesLTStd Roman.otf
Zapf Dingbats
ZapfDin

(although Geeza and Hei could probably go too).

All other fonts are managed by FontAgent Pro and I haven’t run into any problems since making these changes.

I also emptied the Fonts folder that Microsoft office installs inside its Application folder.
DK
Doug_Katz
Apr 13, 2004
Geeza and Hei have been gone for long here without any known problems. (BTW "Geeza &Hei" could easily be the name of a Klezmer musical arrangement.)
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Apr 13, 2004
Hei Geeza! might be a more catchy title?
DK
Doug_Katz
Apr 13, 2004
No, that’s how you call an old man to attention….
KC
Kevin_Cairns
Apr 22, 2004
did you resolve this issue? if so could you please tell me what the fix is? Thanks, Kevin
B
bgt
Apr 27, 2004
Hi,
I resolved this issue by doing archive install from the Panther Installer dics.

T
B
Buko
Apr 27, 2004
don’t forget to reinstall PS or you will have the can’t double click and open file problem.
DE
diana_eng
May 3, 2004
This is a response to a problem I had a while back. (I forgot who had replied to my question.)

I got the numbers back when I installed classic! Believe it or not, that is the only difference, after trying everything. It may just be a coincidence, but I can’t think of anything else. Go figure.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
May 3, 2004
Intriguing.

I wonder if the other people who reported this problem, had removed Classic from their Systems too?
M
MarkATS
May 3, 2004
Coincidence. I don’t have Classic installed.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections