PA
Posted By
Patti Anderson
Sep 17, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Can we create guidelines by dragging them from the ruler in Elements? I am working through a tutorial on myjanee.com that is supposed to work in Elements, but I cannot drag a guideline from the ruler like she says we can. I assume you just point to the ruler, hold down the mouse and drag it where you want (I do this in CorelDraw all the time).

Patti

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

CS
Chuck Snyder
Sep 17, 2003
Patti: I’m pretty sure that’s a full Photoshop 7 feature not available in Elements…
PA
Patti Anderson
Sep 17, 2003
Oh well…I suppose we can’t have everything. 🙂 I guess I’ll just make the grid visible and use that for my guidelines.

Thanks, Chuck.

Patti
RC
Richard Coencas
Sep 17, 2003
Patti,

Chuck is correct that is a PS7 feature, but you can create custom grids in Elements by setting the spacing between gridlines in preferences, and you can also draw lines on a separate layer and then discard that layer or turn visibilty off before printing.

Rich
PA
Patti Anderson
Sep 17, 2003
Duh…now why didn’t I think of that! Adding them to a separate layer is much easier than changing the grid in preferences. For something like the tutorial I was working on (folded map), the guidelines would project specific anyway.

Thanks!
Patti

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections