G
Posted By
GordonP
Mar 3, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m a fairly new PE6 user and am spending a lot of time attempting to understand all it offers – and that’s a lot.

I have about 1000 RAW files created in my Canon Rebel XT camera and stored on my computer’s hard drive. I attempted to import all those files into the PE6 Organizer using Get Photo, but only some were successfully imported. I saw an error message saying something about I was trying to import too many files. I haven’t been able to find any information about how many files can be imported at one time. Can anyone clarify this point?

The Adobe Help site says "You can bring photos into the Organnizer…by dragging them from Windows Explorer into the Organizer Photo Browser," but doesn’t say how to do that. In Windows Explorer, I can see all the files I want to bring into the Organizer, but I don’t see anything that looks like the Organizer Photo Browser that I can use as a target for dragging the files. I’ll appreciate help.

I’m using PE6 under Windows Vista Home Premium.

One more question. Prior to getting my new Dell computer with Windows Vista installed, I was using a Dell computer with Windows XP. With the XP computer, I was able to download files from my Canon Rebel and from my Media Gear card reader with no problem. With my Vista computer, I can download files directly from the camera, but not from the card reader. I talked to one of the people at my local Radio Shack store and he told me that none of the card readers Radio Shack sells are compatible with Vista. I’ll welcome any suggestions about card readers that accept CF cards (as used in the Canon Rebel) and are compatible with Windows Vista.

GordonP

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections