Posted By
rotlex
Apr 27, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Good day,

I installed CS2 the other day, and most things are working great! However, I’m running into an issue I have not seen before. Certain plug ins and actions I run including a number of Miranda items, are giving me a rather strange issue. While they work, any of the ones that use some type of interface, i.e. open a window to allow adjustments and preview changes, are "wiping out" the image if the window is moved. (Kind of like erasing the image in the background). Also, the preview of changes are not appearing while running the plug ins\actions. Once OK is clicked and I close the action\plug in, everything changed works, but it makes it rather difficult to see what you are doing. (I hope all this makes sense as I’m not the best at describing this stuff) 😎

I have posted this same question on the publishers boards, but have yet to get a response. I was just hoping that someone here might recognize what I’m talking about and be able to offer some assistance.

Thank you for ANY response to this.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

SB
Scott_Byer
Apr 27, 2005
It’s not a bug, it’s a FEATURE! (No, really, check the readme).

If you really want the old behavior back, go to the Actions flyout, click the flyout menu, select Playback Options… and choose Step-by-Step.

Realize, though, that this accelerated playback mode now runs larger actions nearly TWICE AS FAST (!!) as in Photoshop CS on Windows.

For those who do large Web Photo Galleries or Contact Sheets, this can make a HUGE difference (which is why we did it).

-Scott
R
rotlex
Apr 27, 2005
THANK YOU!!!!!!!! I was going insane wondering what might have changed, LOL. I actually think this could be very handy for a number of the things I do, but it’s nice to know I can still set things back to "normal". Just tried it out and things work perfectly.

Thanks again! GREAT product by the way, I’m loving it more the more I learn!

Mmmm, maybe I oughta actually read that readme eh?
R
Rbanks
Apr 28, 2005
this is a screen refresh issue, doe to low resources. Install more RAM, and turn off hardware aceleration on the video driver
R
rotlex
Apr 28, 2005
Rbanks, thanks for the response, but the problem was actually not a problem but what Scott had posted above. I hardly think I have a resource issue with a machine dedicated to PS running at over 3Ghz with 2GB of ram. 🙂

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections