CL
Posted By
cheryl_L._brick
Apr 27, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am running photoshop cs, windows xp, 180 gigs of ram. when i open a document, art work, and close it and reopen the document, the art work is corrupted and the error message says disk error. I had pc club check out the hardware and run a diagnostic and it checks out fine. I replaced the e drive so that is new and that is where i save my files. If i open the same document in corel painter the document is not corrupted but when I open it in photoshop it is. I use flash, painter, dreamweaver, microsoft word, illustrator cs, and all is fine but photoshop keeps creating corrupted files.

does anyone know why?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

SB
Scott_Byer
Apr 27, 2005
What is your cache level setting? Do you use patterns?
Is Painter actually opening up all the layers or just the composite? Does this happen when saving to other drives on the system?

-Scott
CL
cheryl_L._brick
Apr 27, 2005
thank you for replying
My cache level setting is 4.
I do not use patterns.
I merge all visible layers before importing into painter.

I have ps installed on my c drive and create and save all my art work on my e drive. Ps tech support said the e drive was defective but it is only two months old but i replaced it once again.

I have not tried on a consistent basis to save on my c drive. I did when talking to tech support and it worked then, but the problem resurfaced on a continual basis.

I believe it is a defective disk but adobe strenuously disagrees.
CC
Chris_Cox
Apr 27, 2005
It still sounds like you do have a problem with the drive system. It could be the controller, cable, etc.
Or it could be a third party "utility" causing problems (some anti-virus software has done this in the past).

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections