bobmc213
Jul 23, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Batch processing with Levels and PS 5.5

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

B
bobmc213
Jul 23, 2003
When batch processing with PS 5.5 I am able to incorporate adjusting the levels (custom, not AUTO) into the RECORD script, but when the batch is run, I get an error saying that the levels feature does not apply.

Is there a way around this? Thanks, Bob
DM
dave milbut
Jul 23, 2003
can you tell us exactly what steps your action takes up to that point where you get the error? i have no problems incorporating levels in my actions.

have you tried stepping through your action one step at a time to see why it’s failing? (double click on each step in order to run it).

dave
Y
YrbkMgr
Jul 23, 2003
Also, are you using InsertMenu Item in the action to call the Levels dialog?
B
bobmc213
Jul 24, 2003
<http://www.maltainteractive.com/photoshop/ps_error.jpg>

… has a screenshot of the error. Essentially I am:
1)Adjust Levels
2)Resize to smaller size
3)Unsharp Mask
4)Save for Web (.JPG)

I get the error "xFunction not available" immediately upon running the batch. Now I am getting the same error for all commands, not just levels.

Thanks
Bob
B
bobmc213
Jul 24, 2003
No, I did not use "Insert Menu Item". I merely recorded the stps I wanted PS to run.

Bob
Y
YrbkMgr
Jul 24, 2003
Bob,

In the screenshot, there doesn’t appear to be an image open. This may sound stupid so I apologize in advance, but if there’s no image open, you’ll get that message.

So it begs the question, how are you batching? Does the Batch Dialog refer to a folder? If so, does it first open the image before running the action?

Peace,
Tony
Y
YrbkMgr
Jul 24, 2003
Bob,

When I run batch actions on a folder, I specify NOTHING in the Source section of the batch dialog. That is, I will specify a folder, but no open commands. You do not need to have an image open to run a batch action.

For giggles and grins, it should look like this:

* Action Set – set containing your action
* Action to Run – the name of the action to run
* Source – Folder
* Choose – navigate and pick the folder containing your images to be processed.

Select nothing else in the Source section.

Add all your destination information, including the optional renaming.

When you hit "Go", each image should open one by one and process, then save and close (provided you have made acommodations for saving).

That’s basically what I use to process 1,500-3,000 images per day, 7 days a week.

Peace,
Tony

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections