ML
Posted By
Marty Landolt
Sep 14, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
It’s obvious that some of you are knowledgeable in Design work, sooooo, would you know a good, yet simple, software for doing floor plans? I certainly don’t come up to CAD (savvy or $$$) and do not need 3D. I did my own house via pen and paper but hope to help my daughter in an easier way. Can’t expect "Elements" to do everything but know the brain power of this forum.
Marty

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

P
Phosphor
Sep 14, 2003
I like pen and paper – so much more personal! 🙂
DH
Dave Hamer
Sep 14, 2003
Marty Landolt

I like AutoSketch the dumb down program by the AutoCad folks. I have also used a program called Home which is much cheaper and does a fine job. A friend designed his house and then built it using my Home program. I think I paid about $39 Cdn a few years ago for it. Most of the lower priced home design programs should be good for simple home owner designs not requiring actual blue prints.

Dave
ML
Marty Landolt
Sep 14, 2003
BETH,
You know, I have the same feeling, but there are just simple things that I thought would help from software…like standards for closets,kitchen cabinets, walls, and perhaps basic furniture and appliances. Typiccal of me, I saved lots of my drawings but threw away all the templates for furniture.
Beth, have you fooled around with house plans or been interested in interior design? (You’d do wonders with any design work).
Marty
P
Phosphor
Sep 14, 2003
I’ve never gotten far on house plans, because my husband wasn’t ever gonna let me build a house anyway. 🙁

We’ve done a lot of remodeling, and I’ve come up with all the designs myself. Drives my husband crazy, and I love it. Unfortunately there’s nothing left to do to this house that’s any fun. And for some reason my husband isn’t interested in moving. Hmmm. I can’t imagine why not. 🙂
P
Phosphor
Sep 14, 2003
I’ve never used it, Marty, but there is a company called Abracadata that has a house planning program called something like "3-D Walkaround." I’m sure there are others as well.
ML
Marty Landolt
Sep 15, 2003
BARBARA B,
Thanks, I’ll check that out.
BETH,
Problem with moving is that we can’t seem to find a house as good as our present one without paying double. Even as small as it is I keep thinking each year… too much to take care of! Gotta have a place to do my Challenges.
Marty
ML
Marty Landolt
Sep 17, 2003
BARBARA B,
The Abracadata book was $50, bit steep for my purposes. It certainly did look like a good one though.
Marty

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections