DW
Posted By
Dan_Wenke
Apr 7, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have used 7.0.1 on my Mac G4 450MHz with 1.2Gig of RAM for over a year with no problems on OS X 10.1.3 . Just upgraded to 10.3.3 and now Photoshop crashes constantly. This is the only program I use which crashes. All others work flawlessly.

I suspect the Adaptec 2906 SCSI card I have, but the Adaptec support site states that it is supported in OS X 10.2 and higher.

I have tried running the computer with everything diconnected except the added RAM and SCSI drive, and still the system crashes when using Photoshop only.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dan

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

J
JasonSmith
Apr 7, 2004
My first suspect would be that Adaptec card – I’ve always had problems with those in just about any of the USB Macs.
C
Cindy
Apr 7, 2004
Can you pull the SCSI just to test if that was it?
C
CindyDan
Apr 8, 2004
I use Photoshop 7 on OS 10.3.3 both my G4 and my G3 all the time with no problems, and I only have 512 MB of RAM. In fact, I use Photoshop with 2-3 other applications open at the same time, and print, save, etc. So it’s probably not the new system software.
B
Buko
Apr 8, 2004
I doubt its the 2906 I have one and it runs just fine in 10.3.3

Did you just Update your system or did you Archive and install??

if the former I suspect that is your problem as you still have remnents of the old 10.1.3 code mixed in with Panther.
DW
Dan_Wenke
Apr 19, 2004
Just an update to let you know what the problem was.

I tried verifying and repairing permissions, this helped but did not cure the crashes.

I tried doing a new Archive and install, ditto.

Finally, a tech at the Apple help desk told me how to update my firmware. This has solved the problem.

So a word to the wise……UPDATE YOUR FIRMWARE

Dan

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections