Photoshop CS Changes all my colors (to green…)

JB
Posted By
John_BW_Hickman
Apr 25, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello all,
I did search the forums & on-line help for this but I still do not seem to have an answer that works for me, and I am new to Photoshop so I am guessing I just have some basic setting wrong:

When I open a picture in Photoshop CS it changes all the colors to a very green/cyan color cast that I must spend quite a while correcting. I have calibrated my monitor & printer using the Monaco calibrator (which seems to be the first recommendation I found in all the searches).

The thing that has me confused is that Photoshop CS is the only program that this occurs in: I also have Elements 3 (which I purchased before deciding I wanted the full power of CS) and when I open the same images in Elements the colors all appear as expected – not needing correction. It does not matter if I am opening a TIFF, JPEG or Camera Raw file, Photoshop CS turns it into a green & cyan mess.

The other reason I am convinced it is not just a monitor calibration issue is that if I print the picture out of Photoshop right after opening it (without doing any correction to the colors) it comes out as a green & cyan print – just as displayed.

Any help will be appreciated.
For the record I am using:
Photoshop CS
Windows XP Pro
1 GB of RAM.

Thanks,
John

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

CC
Chris_Cox
Apr 25, 2005
This is covered in the FAQ – your monitor profile is bad.
JB
John_BW_Hickman
Apr 27, 2005
But if it is the monitor profile, why does it print out with the same weird colors? And why is Photoshop Elements not affected? My monitor profile loads when I boot Windows so everything should be affected by it in the same manner.

As a test: when I open a normal looking file (colors appear correctly in every other program) in PSCS and do no modifications to it, but then save it as a new name, it then has wrong colors in every other program as well. Something funny is happening when I open files.
RW
Rene_Walling
Apr 27, 2005
Check your PS color settings

I think you have PS set to convert to profile automatically, and I suspect you are using your monitor profile as you RGB working space something to avoid doing, I recommend sRGB, AdobeRGB or ProPhotoRGB instead
JM
J_M_Young
May 4, 2005
John, did you find any fix for your problem? I too am having the same problem with a very contrasty dark green cast over everything. Thank goodness I did not delete CS or I would be in big trouble.
Please, if anyone has any ideas, let us know.
Thanks to all of you,
J

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections