EF
Posted By
Ernie Fontes
Sep 12, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have many digital images in 3.3 megapixel format (2048×1536) that I want to import into Adobe Premiere at a size of 720×540. I can resize an untouched image to 720×540 easily, as the aspect ratio converts perfectly to this size. However, with images that have been rotated or cropped, is there a way to create a mask or template that I can move over the image and would indicate a 720×540 area that could be cropped? I’m a newbie with Photoshop and any suggestions are greatly appreciated. FYI… If the images are imported into Premiere as they are, the exported video images are distorted when Premiere places them in a 720×540 window. Thanks.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

RC
Richard Coencas
Sep 12, 2003
Ernie,

Just create a new blank document at the size you want and fill the background with Black. Then Resize the image to 540 high, keeping the same resolution and constraining proportions. Then just drag the layer of the resize image to the new document and center it on the black background.

Rich
BG
Byron Gale
Sep 12, 2003
Ernie,

The way I crop all of my images before taking them to Costco is via the rectangular marquee, with the Style set to Fixed Size, and the Width/Height set to 4×6 in.

When I click in the image, I get a pre-measured marquee which I can then move around to select the part of the image I want. Then Image->Crop on the menu.

You can set the units in Width/Height as px, as well as in.

Don’t know if that’s what you’re asking for, so apologies in advance if I misunderstood.

Byron
CS
Chuck Snyder
Sep 12, 2003
Ernie, another way to do this is to use the rectangular marquee tool with the Style option on the toolbar set to Fixed Aspect Ratio. If you set 4 height and 3 width, when you drag out the rectangle it will hold that ratio. When you get what you want, hit Image>Crop and you’re back to the correct dimensions for downsizing to 720×540 (or 540×720….).

Chuck
EF
Ernie Fontes
Sep 15, 2003
Just a short note to thank all of you for your help. I should be well on my way! Take care and have a great day.

Ernie Fontes

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections