DS
Posted By
David_Stong
Apr 6, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m running CS on a Mac with 10.2.8. (and generally quite happy.)

I’m having this same problem- I get the dialog that the Gallery can’t be completed because an image "is already in use or left open." It was stopping after 3 to 5 (TIFF original) images. I’ve rebooted and turned off what I thought would interfere to no effect.

I just read about Norton’s interference, so turned off Auto Protect in the Quick Menu. That allowed me to get through 14 images, but then I got the same dialog.

I had to go in to system preferences and actually turn the bugger completely off, then was able to run all the images successfully.

Oddly, when Photoshop was done it kicked open InDesign then gave me a dialog that said InDesign can’t open the file "index.html"

I’ll live with it. Norton goes, however…

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

R
Ram
Apr 6, 2004
It’s OK to run Norton’s Disk Doctor from the CD, but never let any part of Norton reside on your drive(s).
DS
David_Stong
Apr 6, 2004
Sorry Ramón- I was referring to the Norton Anti-virus program, not Disk Doctor. I should’ve been clear in my post.

Your advice is certainly still sound, however; thanks,
DP
design_pro
Aug 16, 2004
I love you! Many, many thanks for posting this solution.
F
FotoFile2002
Aug 16, 2004
I had the same problem when I wasn’t running any virus software. What else could it be ?
R
Ram
Aug 16, 2004
What else could it be ?

Working over a sever; having non-UNIX characters in the name of anything in the path (files, folders, drives) [use only numbers and the characters of the English alphabet]; working from removable media; disk issues; bad installation; corrupted files; …
R
Ram
Aug 16, 2004
FotoFile,

I notice you’ve left spaces before the question mark in both of your posts so far, and this leads me to believe you are French. If so, pay special attention to: what I’ve said about "having non-UNIX characters in the name of anything in the path (files, folders, drives) [use only numbers and the characters of the English alphabet]. No accents, no cedillas!
JN
Jim_Nollman
Aug 17, 2004
I have a similar problem in CS, but with a twist. I start the automatic process in the Photoshop browser to build a web photo gallery. I think it builds everything I need,. But then it tries to open InDesign, to do something else with all the newly created jpg and .htm files. Except InDesaign gives me a message that it can’t open index.htm, because I either don’t have a plug-in or it’s a file format that Indesign doesn’t support. I don’t know if i need a plug-in (or what its name is, or if it’s on the install disk, etc), so I’m hoping someone else can tell me how to get InDesign to recognize the .htm files being fed it automatically by the Photoshop browser.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections