JF
Posted By
Jodi Frye
Sep 11, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
something weird happened today on the forum. All the messages are showing as ‘new’ even after I have read them all. I also had to re-register to the forum because my previous login/password no longer worked. Anyone else using the forum have this problem ?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

SR
Schraven Robert
Sep 11, 2003
Jodi,

So it happens to you too.
I thought it was me and that I had done something to change the settings.

Robert
SR
Schraven Robert
Sep 11, 2003
Jodi,

I don’t know about you but it seems to work fine for me now? All of a sudden I get only the not yet read messages of a thread as per usual.

Robert
CS
Chuck Snyder
Sep 11, 2003
Methinks they’re still playing with the forum….it’s time to leave it alone, don’t you think??
EA
Earl Alexander
Sep 11, 2003
My sign-in window is not coming up until after the forum page loads, then I have to click login and then it will appear.
P
Phosphor
Sep 11, 2003
Mine is fine. So far. πŸ™‚
LK
Leen Koper
Sep 11, 2003
No problem.

Leen
JD
Juergen D
Sep 11, 2003
I’m using the newsreader ever since they tried to change the forum. No problem here.

Juergen
JF
Jodi Frye
Sep 11, 2003
OK the newer messages are fine but the old threads are telling me they are all ‘new’ unread messages and that’s not the norm. Oh well.
P
Phosphor
Sep 11, 2003
Well, gee, Jodi, that’s because you’re "new" to the forum. Didn’t you say you had to re-register? WELCOME!!!! πŸ™‚
ML
Marilyn Lee
Sep 12, 2003
Jodi – I’m having the same problem with "new" that you described. No way to tell what I have, or have not, read. I didn’t have to re-register though. Actually, I didn’t even have to log in at all. But I logged out and then logged in again to see if that would clear up the "new" problem. However, that took me back to the forum list where I had to click on Elements again, and THEN I arrived back at the message list screen. Twilight Zone!

Marilyn
ML
Marilyn Lee
Sep 12, 2003

P.S. Just posting the above message (10 of 10) kicked me out of the forum and back to the Log In screen. When I logged back in, I came right back to this spot. I hope this isn’t the new, improved model.

Marilyn
JF
Jodi Frye
Sep 12, 2003
Actually, I found that I had to re-register when i noticed I was on as a ‘guest only ‘..I have elements in ‘my favorites list so I just click on that to get to the first thread page )…anyways, it wasn’t acting like I was never here because all my preference info was still up and running ( my home page etc…)…so, who knows. I’m glad I wasn’t the only one having problems though. I was beginning to think Norton had let me down πŸ˜‰
KL
Kenneth Liffmann
Sep 12, 2003
I can access without difficulty so far.
Ken
<src="http://www.image-access.net/calc/index.html">
BP
Basil Pap
Sep 12, 2003
I do not experience anything unusual either. I am on a Mac using Safari, if the OS and application have to do anything with it.
Basil
NS
Nancy S
Sep 12, 2003
No prob here.
P
Phosphor
Sep 12, 2003
I don’t have a problem as long as I keep using IE with the old cookie. But I wanted to trash them all because of a problem with another site and then I could not log on here, no matter how many times I entered my information. I wound up having to rescue the old IE prefs and put them back to be able to get back here again. 8(
ML
Marilyn Lee
Sep 13, 2003
The "new, improved" format for me seems to be: select Elements from the list of programs, login is bypassed and I’m automatically in as a "guest" where the system won’t update what I’ve read, click on login to go back to a login screen, login, and I’m back to normal. I use Win2000 and AOL. I thought the old system was easier, but at least now I know how to navigate the new quirk.

Marilyn
P
Phosphor
Sep 13, 2003
Marilyn, that’s a pain in the you-know-whotie. Look around on the login page for the place where you can e-mail the sysop. I was having the same problem a year or so ago, and he gave me a new password and everything went back to normal. The "new, improved" format shouldn’t cause that to happen. My login is automatic, like it always was.
JF
Jodi Frye
Sep 14, 2003
Marylin, that is almost what was happening to me when i posted this…I only had guest access and when i logged in using my name and password I got the message " hum, who the heck are you ? "…you know what i mean, so i had to re-register and now everything seems fine again. I have this forum bookmarked to open on the first page…until i delete cookies once every few weeks and have to login again.
EA
Earl Alexander
Sep 14, 2003
A few days ago, I started to have the same problem as Marilyn when I opened from my desktop icon. What I did to resolve it was go back to the log-in screen and make a new shortcut to the desktop. I then deleted the old one. Now when I click the new icon it brings the log-in page up and I proceed from there with no problems.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections