everthing is opening up with a magenta cast?

N
Posted By
ninod55
Sep 11, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I downloaded the trial form of PS Elements. Worked fine for first day. Now when I open a file or even a new blank page a very strong magenta color appears. Did I some how affect a default setting?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

BG
Byron Gale
Sep 11, 2003
Nino,

There are a couple of "classic" responses to your dilemma.

– Run Adobe Gamma. I am unsure whether it is included in the trial package, or if it is available for download… I don’t see it available separately on the download pages.

– Run IgnoreEXIF, available for download from Adobe. It’s a simple registry toggle which causes PSE to respect/ignore embedded EXIF information. This cured my own "pinkish" cast problems when I began using PSE.

Byron
N
ninod55
Sep 11, 2003
Byron

Thank You. I ran Gamma and solved the problem. Now I can look forward to a million other questions.

Nino

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections