DK
Posted By
david_kohn
Apr 5, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
There are few things as frustrating as when one is suddenly unable to complete a simple process one has done before.

In this case I recorded an action to save images for the web by:

1) using Image Size to resize the images to width of 8 in and resolution of 72 ppi

2) save for web as jpg, quality 25, to a folder on my desktop named web images.

I then attempted to run this action as an automated batch process on a folder of images.

Upon starting the batch process I got the error message

"the action Image Size is not currently available"

Then I tried to run other actions (as batches) I had created in the past, and I just got more error messages:

"the action [whatever command was the first in the action] is not currently available"

Can someone tell me what is going on here? I didn’t change any preferences or anything. This is totally nuts!

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

EH
Ed_Hannigan
Apr 5, 2004
Look at your action steps and see what is turned on or off (the checkboxes and dialog controls) without knowing what the steps are I can only guess that you have it opening files that aren’t there or something.

Also check the settings in the Batch dialog.You might want to override Open commmands for instance.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections