Posted By
Tel
Sep 10, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,

I’ve heard of "The Hidden Powers of Photoshop Elements 2" and gather that there isn’t a book for Elements one. How much of the above book is relevant to Elements one?
How can one create new recipes also in Elements one?

Great group, this, it’s very informative.
Regards
Tel.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

PL
Paul L UK
Sep 10, 2003
Tel

If I remember correctly, (from the horses mouth, as it were) the "2" at the end was the publishers idea. All of the additional tools are available for both 1 & 2. Everything in the book can be done in v1 as well v2 (offhand, can’t remember anything that can’t).

As for recipies, having not used them for a while, they seem just to be a workflow where the steps can be done for you. Once you have settled into your own way of doing things, then you will not use them nealy as much, as you may want different effects for different images. They are an excellent learning tool for beginners, but as you have already found out, there are many ways to achieve the same result, and any question posted here could give you a myriad of options/opinions.

Although I wouldn’t say this forum is a replacement for any single book, you couldn’t find a better reference library. It also doubles as a great place to chat and meet like minded people. I don’t think anybody can say they haven’t learned anything from here (or been reminded).

Paul
KL
Kenneth Liffmann
Sep 10, 2003
Tel,
I have Elements v. 1 and everything in Hidden Powers installed and works.You must follow the directions for the installation precisely. To access the tools,drag out the recipes palette, go to recipes, then click on recipes, and click on the function that you want to access.
Ken
T
Tel
Sep 13, 2003
Thanks for the responses, I shall purchase said "Hidden Powers of.." forthwith.

Regarding the second part of my question, I actually have a particular recipe in mind. As you say, Paul, I don’t generally use recipes either.

Having discovered (through this group) the method of creating simulated alpha channels or layer masks which can be created and used in elements I want to automate this function with a recipe. It’s a function I shall be using a lot with panorama work.
The problem remains of how to record and save such a recipe. Is it in "Hidden powers…" perhaps ?

Tel.
PL
Paul L UK
Sep 13, 2003
Tel

It may be an action you want, which can only be recorded in the ‘full fat’ version. Maybe dropping a line to Richard Lynch, via his e-mail from the book, he may be able to write one for you, he is very generous like that.

Paul
RL
Richard Lynch
Sep 16, 2003
Saving alphas is a native feature of PE2 (save selection). Hidden Power enables this for PE1 users (it is an extra tool included in the PE1 installation).
PL
Paul L UK
Sep 16, 2003
It’s easy to agree once the answer is pointed out. Must learn to understand the real question.

Paul

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections