JN
Posted By
Johnny_Nichols
Apr 22, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I recently bought the academic version of Creative CS and have had no problems while using photoshop. However, when a use Image Ready I get an error that tells me I do not have enough memory. I have 512 RAM, DEL computer and the operating system is XP. I have tried changing the values within the Control Panel to change the virtual memory settings but still can not get rid of the error. 90 percent of the time I have to reboot.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

C
chrisjbirchall
Apr 22, 2005
First of all, whilst trouble shooting, set the VM to "Let Windows Manage".

Set the amount of memory allocated to Photoshop to 50% in the Preferences. (I guess you are ‘jumping to Image Ready from PS, therefore PS is still holding onto a chunk of memory)

Also check that you have plenty of empty space on both the system disk (if that’s where your Windows Paging File is) and on the disk allocated to your Photoshop Primary Scratch.

Clean out any .TEMP files which may be taking up space.

512Mb of RAM is barely enough to run CS efficiently, so you’ll need to keep everything tweeked.

Hope some of this helps.

Chris.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections